Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Access OSD on OB-LX700IR100R2812-w
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
ljjhouser
Members
Forum Posts: 16
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
June 13, 2013 - 12:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have a couple of questions. I have 2 of the OB-700IR1002812 bullet cameras, a PTZ, an OD-LX700IR2812-w dome camera and two other cameras that are not ODS.  I can access the PTX OSD fine.  Can I access the other OSDs using either web service or at the DVR?

If so, how.

One more question.  The OD-LX700 dome camera shows CAMERAID in yellow letter on both the Web Service and the DVR Monitor.  Does there need to be an address change as in the PTZ? I suspect it may be a setting in the OSD.  Thanks, Larry 

Guests
June 13, 2013 - 12:16 pm
sp_ReportPost

The bullet cameras are not designed to access the OSD like that. If those camera had the RS485 then you could extend those wires back to dvr just like you did for the PTZ.   The feature that was turned on is the CAMERA ID. In the camera itself you can set up a name if you want to display.  You can turn that off on its own or default the whole camera. 

Dro Simoes
Boca Raton, FL
Members
Forum Posts: 50
June 13, 2013 - 12:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have this same camera at home, the OD-LX700IR2812-W. Basically, inside the OSD there is a setting to turn off the display name of the camera. Some DVR's don't let you add a name to the channel so that's when this feature comes in handy. However, if you have one of our DVR's you'll want to disable this feature otherwise you'll be seeing two camera names for that one recording.

As Dan mentioned above, unfortunately, you cannnot access the OSD of this camera remotely. You'll need to get a camera with an RS485 connector and run the wires back to the back of your DVR. With the camera's you have, you'll have to go to the camera each time you want to make a change on the settings. I hear in the future some of these cameras may have Remote Controls you can use to change these settings so you won't have to climb on a ladder to make those changes but I haven't seen any of those first hand just yet.

TechPro Security Products, LLC
http://SecurityCameraKing.com
http://TechProSecurity.com
Email: dsimoes@techprosecurity.com
Toll Free: (866) 573-8878 ext. 102
Phone: (561) 288-5258 ext. 102
Fax:(561) 288-5257
99 NW 11th ST
Boca Raton, FL 33432

ljjhouser
Members
June 13, 2013 - 2:38 pm
sp_ReportPost

Thanks Dan and Dro, good stuff to know. I think I may need to remove that camera and config the osd.  Should have thought of that first I suppose.

Daniel - talked with you and asked for an upgrade file a day or two ago. Thanks, the software upgraded beautifully, not a hitch. Thanks to both of your quick responses. Later, Larry

Guests
June 13, 2013 - 2:57 pm
sp_ReportPost

You could set up remote viewing for a cell phone or ipad. Then login using remote device so you can see what the camera sees when making adjustments at camera. I normally do that after installing cameras when I go back to aim the camera. 

ljjhouser
Members
June 28, 2013 - 5:30 am
sp_ReportPost

Daniel - That would probably be the best use of an Ipad I have seen. And probably "at the camera" adjustment and viewing is essential because of how sensitive the focus seems to be.  Thanks, Larry

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 37
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1495

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22938
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel