Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Help Configuring OB-EF700IR100L2812D-W
September 24, 2013
11:45 am
kbregler
Forum Posts: 1

Hi, I just purchased a OB-EF700IR100L2812D-W to add to my system and I am having some trouble configuring the settings in order to get a good picture.  I set uit up yesterday and it looked somewhat OK.  Last night in the dark it was amazing, today I have tried to adjust it to get a better picture and I have not been able to get it to look as good as the $89 cameras I bought 2 years ago when I bought the system.  I couldn't tell you the number of times I have reset to the defaults and started over.  I just cant get the best combination of color / contrast / sharpness.  Are there any tips or suggested settings for the camera for outside use?  The camera is aimed at my driveway towards 2 silver cars and the sun is relatively bright.  I have tried the lens in manual, shutter in auto or manual, adjusted the brightness, adjusted the contrast and sharpness, changed white balance…changed NR….you name it.

Thanks,

Kevin

September 26, 2013
7:34 pm
Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 148

It sounds like we definitely need to make some changes to the settings. You should not have to do much with the sharpness or contrast. I normally set everything to auto or on. Also make sure you have the WDR turned on during the day if you are in the sunlight. I recommend you call us and let us help you with the configuration. 

September 27, 2013
10:33 am
Daniel Ross
Forum Posts: 155

Can you provide me a snapshot of the camera during the day? Without seeing what your seeing it is a little difficult to say what to adjust. :) Also just an FYI those cameras come with a small clear plastic cover over the lens. It is real easy to not see it and leave it on during install. That will leave a little bit of a distorted image regardless of how much you adjust the focus.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 41

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

shockwave199: 81

MrDeepFreeze: 52

smokey44: 34

tubac: 31

BobS0327: 18

Craig: 16

ljjhouser: 15

night hawk: 13

ShawnInFL: 13

ccWinfree: 11

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2

Members: 417

Moderators: 6

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4

Forums: 17

Topics: 286

Newest Members: KingCamera, gharstaj, tevernham, RedEyezindaDark, maguru, TiffaFang, johnthetech, chall, traveler2100, stevebg4

Moderators: Daniel Ross (155), Matt Stetson (17), Ryan Newkirk (30), Jesus Ragusa (157), Zeke Richey (26), Jose Malave (48)

Administrators: Security Camera King (9), Damon Delcoro (8), Brad Besner (148), Dro Simoes (37)