Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Infra Red hazy image with the VD-LX700IR100L2812-W
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
MrDeepFreeze
Members
Forum Posts: 136
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 22, 2014 - 9:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have two of these cams up and get a hazy look with both of them at night when the IR is in use.  I've attempted some adjustments but the haze never goes away.  In fact its almost as if its something with the lens since moving the camera doesn't effect the "haze spots".  I don't know what else to call them but they stay stationary when moving the camera around.  Here are a couple snapshots.

20140222_203545-Custom.jpgImage Enlarger

20140222_203424-Custom.jpgImage Enlarger
Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
February 23, 2014 - 8:48 am
sp_ReportPost

Hi, 

I see some white spots. this can be caused by water spots. Have you tried to clean the front glass of the camera with a microfiber cloth? Also What power supply you are using and how many  cameras you have connected in the same power supply.

Thanks

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
February 23, 2014 - 9:41 pm
sp_ReportPost

There are several possible reasons for the Ir reflection. Most often it is the reason that Jesus mentioned which is a dirty dome. Make very sure you only wipe it with a microfiber cloth. If the dome is scratched it will cause IR reflection as well. Another possible cause is if the round seal between the lens and the dome is not correctly set to isolate the lens from the IR LEDs. Also, if you try to point the lens at to much of an angle some of the IR LEDs will be positioned behind the metal housing which is cause the IR light to bounce off the housing itself. 

MrDeepFreeze
Members
Forum Posts: 136
March 3, 2014 - 7:12 pm
sp_ReportPost

Thanks for the info on this.  As an update, the lens was not dirty but I removed dome and made sure the foam seal around the lens was making good contact on the glass dome.  This seemed to help a lot.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 30
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1495

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22938
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel