Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
VD-LX700IR Housing Specs
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
drtweak
Members
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 16, 2015 - 8:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hello got one of these a while back for a customer because it has the opening for a conduit. Worked perfectly. 

Going to be installing 7 of these to add on to a self storage facility for a client of mine and going to be using conduit to run the cables to the new camera's. I need to know what side threading it uses so i can get the right adapters for it. 

Thanks

Ryan

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 820
March 17, 2015 - 12:04 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hi Ryan,

While I do not have the exact thread size, I can tell you that it is a Coarse Thread and the size of the knock out is 3/4". You can use PVC connectors with rigid non-metallic conduit (RNC) 3/4" as well as EMT conduit and 3/4" connectors, Keep in mind that it is recommended to make your connections inside of a junction box as opposed to inside of the conduit for future troubleshooting and lengthening the life of the connectors. 

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Calculate your Hard Disk Drive HereCalculate your Lens Here |  Calculate your Voltage Drop Here

Video Vault (All Videos)         |  Security Camera Videos |     Smartphone Access Videos  

Check out the new Tech! HD-CVI       More.... 

drtweak
Members
March 17, 2015 - 3:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Thanks for the Reply. I know its a Coarse thread but you gave me what i needed to know which is the 3/4's so thanks!

I know for the one i had installed, the old cameras all the connections were in the camera in self unlike these ones here where it is all sealed inside. 

Plan on putting these guys right next to a Tee HUB Box so i can make the connection in side the sealed Tee HUB Box VS having to get some other housing or bigger conduit that I need. 

Thanks for the info!

drtweak
Members
March 17, 2015 - 3:44 pm
sp_ReportPost

Not sure how to edit my last post XD but it's a Hub not a Tee I'm going to use. 

Also a few questions. First time running a camera this far before. Of the 4 cameras that are going to be on this long run (Longest almost 550 feet about and shortest is about 300-350 feet)

What would be the best cable to use? I know some of the Cameras use Cat5/6 with BNC adapters and power is also over the Cat5/6. 

In other places they run either RG59/6 not sure which one and then use Cat5/6 for the last few feet. All the Camears are on AC down steppers to 26 Volts. 

Was thinking about using Cat5/6 for some of the cameras for the whole run but I'm not 100% sure on that options and quality and also if I should go with a 26 Volt down stepper (Will most likely buy a 9 camera box VS all the plug in transformers they are using) or if DC will be good enough on these runs since i already have enough DC Adapters in stock. The Cat5/6 Option is mainly to minimize the Labor/cable cost for client. 

Again first time running a camera this far before. Most of them are 100-150 and just buy a 100-150 foot power/video cable (These are mostly just for families houses that I have set up a few for) but I am an IT Guy and we are trying to expand out business a bit. 

drtweak
Members
March 17, 2015 - 9:29 pm
sp_ReportPost

Ok so looks like i was given the wrong measurements. Went there my self and checked everything out. Longest run will be about 330 feet. 

Also are there any Parapet Mount's that will work with that camera or no? Its a storage facility and 4 of the cameras will be too low where people could hit them and need to get them another 2-3 feet in the air. There are a few that i can find just don't know if they will work with this cameras. 

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
March 18, 2015 - 5:02 pm
sp_ReportPost

We do not carry Parapet Mount's, I can provide you with the whole spacing in mm or a template to match any third party Parapet Mount. The lengths on Power is where you will have voltage drops , I suggest nothing grater than 250' from the power source. If you need longer than this , you can power the camera independently or have your Distribution box in a location where all the cameras can be fed from it without exceeding this length.  

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Calculate your Hard Disk Drive HereCalculate your Lens Here |  Calculate your Voltage Drop Here

Video Vault (All Videos)         |  Security Camera Videos |     Smartphone Access Videos  

drtweak
Members
March 18, 2015 - 8:09 pm
sp_ReportPost

Ok yea that would be great. 

And I will take note of the 250 foot length. Hopefully it can reach 300 without any major issues. 

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
March 23, 2015 - 8:49 am
sp_ReportPost

Great!

Glad to be of help. Cool

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 29
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel