Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
VD-LX700IR100L2812-W Haze when dome is attached at night with IR
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
specops805
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 18, 2014 - 10:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have installed 8 of these cameras on the outside of a building.  When the IR turns on, the picture is washed out with a haze, almost as if there is a glare off the dome. I removed the dome and the camera works fine without it, but as soon as I put the dome back on the haze returns. The seal around the lens seams to be tight , but the lens looks like it might be a little cloudy. I tried to wipe it with a smooth cloth, but this did nothing.  Then interior cameras, which I installed are working fine. Can anyone help???Cry

Guests
September 19, 2014 - 9:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

One of the biggest overlooked reasons for IR bounce back on a true Vandal Dome camera, is the lack of the IR isolation ring being seated to the inside of the lens.  The easiest way to solve this issue is to remove the dome of the camera.  Place your fingers around the foam/rubber ring that surrounds the lens and gently pull outward.  I will generally pull them out further than necessary so that when the dome is replaced on it will make solid contact with the isolation ring.  Another cause, that you can see in the second picture is a dirty lens or water droplets.  I hope this helps. 

20140815_113543.jpgImage Enlarger

20140815_113708.jpgImage Enlarger

20140815_114432.jpgImage Enlarger

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 40
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1495

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22938
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel