Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Backing Up DVR Video Files from DVR-LT4120MHD
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
ben
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 11, 2013 - 11:56 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have 2 DVR-LT4120MHDs, and was wondering if there's a way to have multiple channels combined to 1 output video file when backing up to an external HD.  When I preview a recorded time frame with multiple channels on the DVR itself, all the channels are viewable on 1 screen at the same time.  When I go to backup the files on my external drive, it exports each channel separately, with no apparant option to combine multiple channels into 1 backup file.  Only being able to review 1 channel at at time is very cumbersome and is unlike other DVRs I have used in the past.  Perhaps I am missing an option, so any help on this matter wold be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you

Matt Stetson
West Palm Beach, FL
Members
Forum Posts: 17
April 11, 2013 - 12:58 pm
sp_ReportPost

Unfortunately in secure video file formats, being able to combine separate videos into one compromises the unalterability of the format.  I'd be willing to bet DVRs that allow multi-cam recordings use a less secure video file type.  

ben
Members
April 11, 2013 - 2:15 pm
sp_ReportPost

I don't know if "combining" separate videos was the best word choice on my part.  What I mean is, on other DVRs, on the backup page you choose what channels you want to backup, and the output file will include all the included channels in split screen fashion, like the picture below.  Using the player software, the user can see all channels at once and rewind / fast forward at once, and make one channel full screen, etc.  This is JUST LIKE the preview screen on the DVR-LT4120MHD, so it is a little frustrating that this kind of feature is only available for viewing through the DVR itself, not backed up files. 

I can't speak to the security of the video files of other DVRs I have used, as they are .irf files.  I just know that I really like the setup, interface,  and features of this DVR, and if the output options were more flexible, it would be even better.  I would be surpised if I'm the only user to want such a backup option. Maybe this is something that can be updated through a future firmware release, or at least considererd in future models.

Thank you for your time.

Multiple-Channels.jpgImage Enlarger

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
April 11, 2013 - 2:30 pm
sp_ReportPost

IF you would like to payback files that you download to your computer, then you can use our client software and the payback feature. In there you can click on playback and choose the file you want to playback. see the attached pictureTECHPROSS-PC-4-View.jpgImage Enlarger

ben
Members
April 11, 2013 - 4:24 pm
sp_ReportPost

Jesus, thanks for the reply.  I have the PSS software installed and running and it looks like it will do what I'm looking for.  I'm trying the locate a manual for it, but the download for Windows at    https://www.securitycameraking.....ftware   doesn't work; when I open it all it get is "File not found or deleted from server". 

I'm looking for two things: what's the default password for the player?  I'd like to change it, but without the manual I don't know what it is!

Also, I'm trying to view recordings directly from the DVR through the software over a network.  I go to Config manager > Device Manage> Search Device, then Add management, then login to the DVR.  When I go to playback and select the device, I get " Device has not logged on". 

Anyway, thanks again for your help

Device-manage.jpgImage Enlarger

Device-Not-Logged-In.jpgImage Enlarger

Damon Delcoro
Admin
Forum Posts: 11
April 11, 2013 - 5:05 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hi Ben,

We just got started with our new download section so we have a few hiccups. Thank you for pointing it out.

I have fixed the link and it should work fine now. Make sure you refresh the page.

https://www.securitycameraking.....g-software

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
April 11, 2013 - 5:05 pm
sp_ReportPost

The default username for the client software is admin for username and admin for password. In order to login to the DVR in order to playback footage is under Device List  you will see the DVR in there. double click in the Device name or right click and choose login. Also Notice that PSS is not just a player, is a complete software that allows you view, manage, record etc.. all in one interface. The manual will be located in the Program's installation path,under Program files...   Laugh

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 39
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1495

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22938
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel