Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Can't forward port 37778
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 26, 2013 - 7:48 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Just got my 8 channel ultimate mini dvr from you guys. Having trouble forwarding port 37778 with a belkin router. You canyouseeme, I'm good with 88 and 37777. But 37778 is a no go. I've tried everything, including just UPD for it, and TCP/UDP [both] and no go. I'm at a total loss. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
July 26, 2013 - 9:40 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hello and thank you for contacting us. 

In reality you only need to forward the HTTP and TCP port in your Router. Even though you forward 37778 and you know that the port forwarding steps are done properly that port will always show as a close port. 

Thank you!  Kiss

shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
July 27, 2013 - 12:09 am
sp_ReportPost

Yeah, I figured that one out. Now I have another thing going on. I can't seem to open cameras in web client. I can login, but when I try to open cameras it just sits on quicktime player. Is quicktime even needed? If so, what might I have to check off in there as far as file type to make streaming happens? I open in chrome and get this problem. In IE it happens too. In fact the web service screen has no version showing and opens for a second in chinese, and then switches to english. I can log in and all looks ok, but I can't get feeds going at all. I have updated quicktime too. I have no problems in PSS software, but web service isn't working to open cameras. Is there a version of it I'm missing?

Also, really stinks that I can't seem to get feeds in my windows phone via DMSS- the only version I can find for windows phone. The DMSS I have in there does open another brand of same type system, but not your dvr. I don't have windows phone 8, it's like 7 point something. But if I can't view my cameras in my phone, this will be a deal breaker for what looks to be a decent dvr you have. Hope I can work through this with your help. Thanks!

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
July 27, 2013 - 8:54 am
sp_ReportPost

If quicktime shows up then you are using a Mac computer. The web service is natively supported only on Internet Explorer on a PC. If you wish to see your DVR on a Mac computer then you will need to use PSS. IF you are having issues viewing it through Internet Explorer then you will need to reset some of the settings on IE and delete the webrec folder. To do so close any instance of Internet Explorer. Go to My Computer>Local Drive (C)>Program Files and locate a folder labeled "webrec". right click and delete. Go to Control Panel and Internet options, click on Advance, Click on "Restore Advance Settings", Click on Reset and accept the changes, Click Ok and apply. Click on the Security Tab, click on Custom Label, Locate an option labeled "Download Unsigned Activex Controls" and choose "Prompt". Click OK, apply, OK. Try to connect to the DVR again and it will ask you to install the activex controls again please do so, when finish log back to the DVR and see if you can stream your cameras. if non of this is working for you then give us a call on Monday. We are open from 9-6 PM EST Time. Our Telephone number is 1866-573-8878 ext 3

Thank you!!! 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 28
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22945
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel