Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
DVR-LT8240MHD features clarification
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
tetriz
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 24, 2013 - 8:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Good day!

I have a question regarding some features of DVR-LT8240MHD.

1. Does the DVR allows to backup recorded videos to the FTP/Network drive? E.g. I have a NAS/FTP in the same LAN.
  2. Which format is used by DVR for video recording/coding? Is it possible to play content by any video player with the H.264 codec? Is it simple AVI file?
  3. If I want to have an access to the DVR (or simply a list of recorded videos) - can I do it from any modern web-browser or it is only possible with IE and ActiveX plug in?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
April 24, 2013 - 9:44 am
sp_ReportPost

There are several options for backup. You can use FTP on the network if you wish, or you can install our backup scheduler software on any server or computer inside or outside the network and have it back up the video during scheduled hours. For example, it can do back up from 11am - 2am and back up the entire days video and do this every day if you wish. 

The DVR records in a proprietary .DAV format which allows for watermarking for evidence purposes, however you can choose from two formats when you export. It can export the .DAV file or it can export a AVI file. It is your choice. The conversion is all done at the DVR so you do not have to do it yourself. 

You can access the recorded video natively from Internet Explorer, from our TechproSS-PC software, From our TechproSS-MAC software or from any of our paid TechproSS Iphone, IPad, Android phone and Android tablet apps. You can also access it from Firefox, Safari and Chrome by installing a plug-in into the browser one time. 

tetriz
Members
April 25, 2013 - 5:02 am
sp_ReportPost

Hi bbesner! Thank you for your answers.

The DVR records in a proprietary .DAV format which allows for watermarking for evidence purposes, however you can choose from two formats when you export. It can export the .DAV file or it can export a AVI file. It is your choice. The conversion is all done at the DVR so you do not have to do it yourself.

When you are talking about "export" is it an automatic operation which can be done regularly? Or only in a manual mode? My use case is to have an up-to-date videos on a network storage which can be viewed w/o any additional software. So re-phrasing: the DVR should regularly (or at least on alarm) convert videos into AVI and upload them to the network storage. Does it works?

Another question - does this conversion operation affects the ongoing video recording (e.g. I have D1 @25fps on 5 channels)?

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
April 25, 2013 - 10:51 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hello, 

I will answer your question below yours:

-------------- ----------------- ------------------

Original Questions:

• Does the DVR allows to backup recorded videos to the FTP/Network drive? E.g. I have a NAS/FTP in the same LAN.

A: The  DVR is capable of storing footage to an FTP remotely or internally, it is also capable of storing snapshots based on time as well, and the format of the  snapshots is jpeg. The video files will be .DAV format and they cannot be change on the fly. You can change the files afterwords with our player. This player converts from .DAV to avi. If you download the files  from the web service interface (over the network) then after choosing the files you want to download, you can change the file format. The are only 2 file formats available, .DAV and .ASF. ASF Files are proprietary from Microsoft and they are as common as WMV. another way to save footage to your computer is by clicking the top right icon that looks like a camcorder. While viewing live video you can click on that button and the footage will be stored on your C:Drive, but they will be DAV.

• Which format is used by DVR for video recording/coding? Is it possible to play content by any video player with the H.264 codec? Is it simple AVI file?

A: The format used on our DVRs is .DAV, and the Encoding is H.264. AVI Files can be modify and therefore tampered.

• If I want to have an access to the DVR (or simply a list of recorded videos) – can I do it from any modern web-browser or it is only possible with IE and ActiveX plug in?

A: All of our DVRs are capable of been access via Internet Explorer (Preferred browser), because the DVR have a series of files (Activex Files) that need to be installed on a computer to be able to see and play footage from that interface, internet explorer allows activex installation. Chrome and mozilla are capable of display the web service as well but not natively. These browsers do not support activex, but there are work arounds to get those browsers capable of viewing the DVR interface. Safari is not capable of accessing the DVR interface itself, you can only use safari to access megapixel cameras only because they use java script and quicktime to display the interface through that browser. eventually in the future we will offer that feature.

Lastly our client software is another way to access the DVRs and IPCs. This software is more robust and provides a more complete interface. It also allows you to view and manage multiple DVRs from different locations. Take in to account that while using any of the methods described above bandwidth is a big factor that will allow you to view one or multiple dvrs at the same time. What I always said is that your camera viewing experience  will be as good as your internet bandwidth. As much Internet bandwidth you have at the DVR as fluent the picture will be.

Thanks Kiss

tetriz
Members
April 29, 2013 - 4:47 am
sp_ReportPost

Dear Jesus Ragusa, thank you for such detailed explanation!

Could you please clarify also the EMAIL notification functionality. It is quite clear (after reading User Manual) how does it works.

What is not clear for me is the content of the sent emails.

Is it only a plain text with an alert description?

Or there is also an attachment with e.g. picture form any camera where a movement detection was triggered?

Or there is a link for remote connection to the DVR?

Thank you in advance!

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
April 29, 2013 - 12:59 pm
sp_ReportPost

No, The email alert notification if enable will sent you a plain text notification and a snapshot of the item that triggered motion. In order to receive snapshots of the object that triggered the even you will need to go to detect settings and choose "Capture". Capture will be the option for snapshots if managing the DVR through the Web Services. If you do it at the DVR itself you will still need to go to Detect and select "Snapshot" for the channel you want to receive a snapshot when motion occurs. Also under Email there is an option that's called "Attachment" That option need to be enable as well. 

Cool

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 43
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22946
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel