Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Translating TRIDVR-ELE16ME Specs for D1, 960H and 720P Capacity
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
minionmnixon
Members
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 16, 2016 - 6:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I am considering buying this box since it appears to offer a way for me to make use of the 12 bnc cable runs I have in my home. 8 of my cameras are 480TVL and I have 4 that are 700TVL and they are all recording at CIF. I am trying to understand what is the difference I will see if I buy this DVR? I get that it has the potential to record and stream to remote devices a higher resolution of D1 and that will help, but at what frame rate? The TRIDVR-ELE16ME the spec sheet shows a

Main stream record rate of 1080P(1-15fps) / 720P/960H/D1 (1-25/30fps) and an

Extra stream record rate of CIF/QCIF(1-25/30fps). 

For instance, assuming 10fps is possible, but if this too high for this box: 

Can this box record and stream to remote viewing D1 at 10fps to ALL 16 channels at once?    (assuming I have my current cameras)

Can this box record and stream to remote viewing 960H at 10fps to ALL 16 channels at once? (assuming I had all 960H cameras)

Can this box record and stream to remote viewing 720P at 10fps to ALL 16 channels at once? (assuming I had all HDCVI cameras)

The specs for this box shows a bit rate of 96-4096Kbs, but I am not sure how this translates to answer the above ?s

I don't mind doing the math, if someone can show me how. Thanks / Mark 

Ted
Guests

Members
Forum Posts: 60
March 16, 2016 - 7:00 pm
sp_ReportPost

Mimionmnixon -

That DVR/NVR will run 16 channels simultaneously.
You will be able to record and stream video to remote clients at the full frame rates =
At 1080p (2Megapixel) you can run all channels at 15 FPS (frames per second)
At 720p (1 Megapixel) you can run all 16 channels at 30 FPS
At 960H / D1 / or lower resolution - you can run all channels at 30 FPS
You can mix speeds also - 1 cam at 10FPS, another at 30FPS - they are individual settings.

On your existing cameras, you will not see much difference in quality.
With the unit you can add HD-CVI cameras at 1 or 2 megapixel and then you will see a huge difference.
Or you can add 2 IP cameras and you will see a huge difference. (IP cams will go to channels 15 and 16)

As long as your existing cables are good quality, you can use them for HD-CVI cameras.

The bit rate is a little different setting - this is the amount of data used to 'fill in' an image.
The 2 megapixel HD-CVI cams will use a bit rate of 2048Kbps or less. (They don't need to be that high)
In most cases with analog cameras and HD-CVI cameras you won't need to worry about the bit rate - that comes into play more with IP cameras at higher resolutions (3Megapixel and up)

To sum up - the answer to all of your speed and streaming questions is 'Yes' it will do that easily.

Let me know if that helps.

minionmnixon
Members
Forum Posts: 6
May 14, 2017 - 2:11 pm
sp_ReportPost

Ted,

Yes, Thanks. This is the kind of detail I needed. I have referred back to your answer multiple times and once again today as I plan to order some 2m cameras.

Thanks / Mark

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 43
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22945
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel