Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
8 channel 1080p
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 11, 2014 - 11:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Well now I'm really tempted to make a switch. I'm glad to see this unit show up. Looking forward to seeing a video on this one, as well as some quick sample videos on all your cvi cameras. I would like to see how the footage looks from them. I'd be more than happy to demo them all for you and post videos- just send them along with this new dvr!! I'll review everything and send them back. LOL! Questions-

- Is the spaghetti cable good enough to get a proper picture with this? Meaning, I have the cheap thin premade bnc/power cable in place  from my original install. My longest run is 75'. I'm hoping that while my cable is the thin stuff, I'm saved by shorter runs.

- Can I hookup my analog ptz to this dvr? If it doesn't work, what happens? Does it just show a blank picture? I really love my ptz, but it's analog. I know you carry cvi ptz's, but as far as I can tell they don't support timing action- scheduling. That's a big one for me.

- Can you import a dvr on the network to open up a channel from it on the cvi unit? Like you can with an nvr- open up analog channels from another dvr on the network. That's what I mean. Possible?  

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
May 12, 2014 - 6:13 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hi, 

I will be posting videos of the cameras and DVR soon. The plug & Play cable will allow you to display and turn on the camera but the quality is not the greatest. In fact is shows sort of a ghosting image. for best results and also minimum requirements to install a CVI camera is to use RG59. If you us an analog device in the CVI it will simply not show up anything either locally or from the the network. Unfortunately you cannot import a dvd on the network to open up a channel from the CVI, this unit is not an NVR, the cameras connect directly to the unit using RG59 or RG6 cable

Thanks

shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
May 12, 2014 - 9:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Well that stinks on all counts, but I figured as much. For me, an upgrade to 1080p would require new cable runs anyway so I may as well go with an nvr when I'm ready. Not that I'm unhappy with my analog system. But picture improvement is always the goal in the end. Thanks.

mtopic
Members
Forum Posts: 1
June 3, 2014 - 7:38 am
sp_Permalink
sp_ReportPost
Awaiting Moderation

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 20
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22944
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel