Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
IPOB-TP2MPIR150L2812-B Network Issue - will not reset
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
drj0717
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 19, 2014 - 6:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have 6 of the IPOB-TP2MPIR150L2812-B on my network currently. At some point, they were all working fine. Last week I made some configuration changes to all of the cameras, and at some point I lost the ability to communicate with one of the cameras... I didn't realize this until later - so I'm not sure when exactly it happened. I've tried to reset the camera to factory defaults by holding the reset button for 30s... it never seems to reset though. I can access the login page, but I get a logon timeout error whenever I try to log in. Every other camera still works. My hope was that a factory reset would fix the issue, but I'm fairly certain that the reset isn't working because the IP address hasn't changed back to default. 

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
August 19, 2014 - 6:12 pm
sp_ReportPost

wile resetting the camera the default Ip address has been reestablished as well. 192.168.1.2 is the default IP. You could also use the TP Ip finder to see how many cameras are showing in the network.  Download

If I were you I will unplugged the 6 cameras of the network and plug one at the time and check the tool to see what IP it shows. i.e plug one camera then wait a few sec the refresh the app to see what Ip shows up to ping point if the problem you are having is an IP conflict. 

drj0717
Members
August 19, 2014 - 6:35 pm
sp_ReportPost

Thanks, but the reason I think the reset isn't working is because the IP doesn't change. I have a 10.1.10.XXX IP schema. After the reset, my IP is still the same 10.1.10.XXX IP, it never changes back to 192.168.1.2.

Even right after a reset, whether I hold it for 30 sec or 60 sec (just to be safe), I can still ping the camera and I can access the web page for the camera, but I can't log in (I think it's just timing out due to poor connectivity), and the pings are intermittent. I am using the ip finder tool, but only my other 5 cameras show up. This one doesn't show up in that scan.

Techpro Security
Members
August 19, 2014 - 7:06 pm
sp_ReportPost

How can you tell for sure that the camera is ON? Where are the cameras connected to? To an NVR with Poe build-in or a separate Poe switch on the network?

drj0717
Members
August 20, 2014 - 8:50 am
sp_ReportPost

The camera's internal web server is active, because I can usually access the it's we page via its IP, and I can do so from computers that have never communicated with it before (so I know it's not in the cache). I can also ping it, although there is on average about a 50% failure rate. The cameras are attached to a PoE network switch. I also have an NVR connected to that switch.

I can see in the switch interface that the camera is pulling power, but it's only pulling 2600 mW, whereas the others are all pulling 4000 mW of PoE. The switch has 180W of available PoE. I am currently only using around 40... No errors or faults there.

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
August 23, 2014 - 6:53 am
sp_ReportPost

Just wanted to check with you on this. Was this issue ever resolved? 

drj0717
Members
August 23, 2014 - 11:19 am
sp_ReportPost

No... We still can't get the camera to reset. I'd love the hear ideas from anyone that has them.

Techpro Security
Members
August 23, 2014 - 11:50 am
sp_ReportPost

Have you tried to unplug the remaining cameras and see if you can find the camera with the problem? Your last post you said that you can usually access the camera but i guess what I'm trying to figure out whats going on with the camera when you can't access it.

shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
August 23, 2014 - 12:31 pm
sp_ReportPost

If you have a separate pie injector, try it. And if you can bring the camera in and put it on a short cable, try it. Poe opportunity can go bad on switches, and cables can go bad. You have to rule out power and cable too. 

shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
August 23, 2014 - 12:34 pm
sp_ReportPost

Sorry spell check made my post wacky. I meant to say poe POWER can go bad on switches, even just one port. 

Gilberto
Members
Forum Posts: 150
August 24, 2014 - 9:10 am
sp_ReportPost

Shockwave has a great suggestion. I see you made some changes to the settings to cameras via the cameras webservice, did you change any port settings? Also are you testing the camera locally bypassing the cat5/6 run line from the POE to the camera. Testing the camera locally will rule out cable/power. Try using the TP finder to login to the camera and assigning an IP address that's not being used on your network.

drj0717
Members
August 25, 2014 - 8:28 pm
sp_ReportPost

Thanks for all of the replies! I'm going to try to answer most of the questions in one post.

I have not tried unplugging all of the other cameras. I may try that next time I'm on site. When I said I can usually access it, what I mean is that sometimes both the internal website and a ping will time out, but it's intermittent. Even when the website does come up (when I can access the camera), any login attempt times out. 

I don't have an external PoE injector. I can try to get my hands on one... I do whoever have a Fluke DTX1800 that I use for cable certification. One of the first things I did when we started having trouble was re-certify the cable. The cable and terminations are good... in fact the test results weren't even close to marginal, passed with flying colors.

I have not changed any ports or user/passwords for that camera. I have tested different physical ports on our switch. I tried swapping the cables between a working camera, and the problematic one. The issue follows the problem camera. I don't think I have a PoE issue. I am eager to try a direct connection to the camera (with nothing but my laptop and a PoE injector connected), but I have to get my hands on an injector first. I tried to use the injector that came with my Cisco WAP, but when I plugged it up, I didn't even get activity on the LAN connection... Through the switch, I can still ping the device and pull up the internal web site most of the time.

Techpro Security
Members
August 25, 2014 - 8:34 pm
sp_ReportPost

What I will try instead is to use a 12vdc power supply and connect the camera to a regular switch. This camera have already an injector build in so I don't think it will be a good idea to connect an injector on top of the POE already built in the camera. Like you said try the camera directly from a switch and your laptop and see what happens. Perform a ping (ipaddressofthecamera) -t to do a nonstop ping and see if you get any reply drops along the way. Let us know how it goes. 

drj0717
Members
August 26, 2014 - 11:06 am
sp_ReportPost

Thanks, I'll try the 12V power supply. I don't believe the camera came with one, but hopefully I won't have a problem finding the right size coaxial power connector.

drj0717
Members
August 26, 2014 - 6:07 pm
sp_ReportPost

Troubleshooting update: Issue Resolved

Per advice above I attempted to unplug all of the other cameras and access the problematic camera. Unfortunately, this did not alleviate the symptoms. All login attempts still timeout, and ping test results are intermittent (some pass some fail). I reconnected all of the other cameras, and they all continue to work, and ping test are 100% successful with those.

Next I used an old power supply I found in a closet to power the camera locally and tried to reset it. I was still unable to access the camera and it did not reset (still had the old IP). I removed the camera from the switch while it was powered locally and tried to access it directly from my laptop, again with no luck. I then disconnected the camera's network cable completely (currently only connected to my laptop) and tried to reset it. This time my reset was successful and I was able to reconfigure the camera. It's now working fine, just like all of my other cameras.

I think the lesson learned here is that something to do with the network connection can keep the camera from resetting... it wasn't until I completely removed all network cables, held the RST button for 60 seconds, waited a minute, then plugged it back into the network that it reset. . . This isn't a switch issue because it wouldn't reset even while connected only to my laptop.

Is this something someone at SecurityCameraKing can look into? I spent at least 12 hours troubleshooting this camera, and a hard reset was one of the first things I tried, but the camera would never reset while connected to the network. The camera didn't ship with an external power supply, so I had to find an external power supply with a compatible connector and take the camera off the network before it would reset. If that's a requirement, it should be documented.

Thanks again for all of the input from everyone who's assisted in this thread.

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
August 26, 2014 - 6:27 pm
sp_ReportPost

We will research this issue on our end and see if we get the same results. We certainly do not want to have anyone spend hours to simply reset a camera. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 22
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1495

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22938
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel