Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
1920x1080 RESOLUTION ISSUE
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
ShawnInFL
Members
Forum Posts: 64
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 30, 2014 - 11:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hello,

I recently purchased my second NVR from you guys. This second one was an upgrade so I could get my HD cameras to actually record in HD. Thankfully, the newer NVR's have much more throughput and the new NVR is a MAJOR improvement!!  THANK YOU!!!

My concern is this though...

I monitor the NVR over a 65" Samsung LED TV. The resolution of the TV is 1920x1080/60i.

Sadly, when the NVR is set for display output of 1920x1280, the image output of the NVR is much larger than 1920x1080. This causes much of the image to be clipped off and not visible.  The only solution, reduce the NVR output resolution to 1280x1024 60 Hz.

The television does not allow for image scaling in this 1920x1080 16:9 format and this is with all TV's I have owned.

My question is this...why is the image displayed too large coming out of the NVR and is their a way to adjust the scaling on the image being output from the NVR.

Surely I am not the first to have this issue?

I have the same exact issue on my SONY LED TV's too....

Fingers Crossed for some good news...

Would hope to enjoy the higher resolution as advertised.

Thanks

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
May 30, 2014 - 11:26 am
sp_ReportPost

Hello,

I am pretty sure you are mistaken here. None of our units are able to output 1980 x 1280 resolution. For HDMI output we offer 1080p (which is 1920 x 1080) and 720p (which is 1280 x 720). Please double check or send us a screen shot of what you are seeing in the NVR. Also, to answer your second question, we have never had anyone else have this issue so if by some chance you have one of our NVRs that has no 1080p video output, there would clearly be something wrong with it and we would need to re-install the firmware. 

As I said, I have never heard of this problem and I am pretty sure there is some sort of misunderstanding here. You can just go to display settings, open the resolution drop down and email a picture taken from your phone or you can even post the picture here if you would prefer. 

Thanks!

Guests
May 30, 2014 - 11:39 am
sp_ReportPost

Which nvr do you have? I can check those settings for you here.

ShawnInFL
Members
May 30, 2014 - 12:29 pm
sp_ReportPost

Thanks for the fast reply Brad ;o)

I have attached the image as requested...LOL

Sometimes, I guess we just see what we want to see...

I saw 1920x1280 not the ACTUAL numbers shown as you mentioned 1920x1080...Absolutely my mistake!!

BUMMER...So I am only able to see 720P on my TV and not 1080P?

Thanks for clearing things up...maybe some other narrow minded, see what they want to see person will have the same issue and see this thread :P

FOOT.jpgImage Enlarger

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
May 30, 2014 - 12:43 pm
sp_ReportPost

LMAO, that's pretty funny! I'm surprised your TV would not support 1080p? That's pretty much a standard these days. 

ShawnInFL
Members
May 30, 2014 - 12:50 pm
sp_ReportPost

Glad you got a laugh...LOL

My TV supports 1080P believe it...looks awesome on BluRay, does 3D, you name it...

The problem is, when I put NVR on the 1920x1080, I get clipping...see below photos...

Was wanting to buy some more cams, maybe 3MP this time instead of 2MP...

Guessing that would be pointless if I can only display 720P though :(

1280x1080-Fits.jpgImage Enlarger

1920x1080-Clipping.jpgImage Enlarger
ShawnInFL
Members
May 30, 2014 - 12:56 pm
sp_ReportPost

Now I am really scratching my head...Hmmmmmm

Below is a link to the TV specs... it shows 1920x1080...

Not sure why the heck I get the clipping though dang it...

AWESOME TV BTW...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_3.....etails-tab

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
May 30, 2014 - 1:06 pm
sp_ReportPost

Your going to find that there is a setting on your TV that will fix the issue. Sometimes it's changing the input type from Cable/ satelite to PC, or sometimes it's a different setting. But if your TV supports 1080p (1920 x 1080) then there is a way to display correctly. We actually have 60" LED Samsung TVs (2 of them in the conference room) and they display 1080p perfectly. 

ShawnInFL
Members
May 30, 2014 - 1:13 pm
sp_ReportPost

Interesting....

Just got off the phone with support from Crutchfield...they mentioned you run into this sometimes if displaying Computer Output. NVR looks pretty similar to PC inside if ya ask me ;o) Since I can't scale the image down on the TV settings, it would be a HUGE help if you could have someone check the input type on your conf tv from NVR, that would be awesome!! Wondering if it is running into a PC input or something or just a simply HDMI 1 or 2 like I have currently.?

Really appreciate the help...!!

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
May 30, 2014 - 1:20 pm
sp_ReportPost

I already checked before I responded to you. When you press "source" on the remote it displays "HDMI1/DVI" the connection is a HDMI from our 32 channel NVR using around a 25ft cable.

ShawnInFL
Members
May 30, 2014 - 1:41 pm
sp_ReportPost

FIXED!!

Thanks for checking though!!!

So, here was what finally did it...The Crutchfield guy said when I called earlier that often PC's don't put out exactly 16:9 as traditional HDMI devices like DVR's do. So, I looked and sure enough, on the Samsung remote, the TOOLS button brought up an option for SCREEN SIZE. It was set on 16:9. I changed to FIT SCREEN and all is well :) This is such an improvement and I can't say thanks enough for the effort and help you gave me in getting to the bottom of the issue.  I hope it helps someone else down the road as well.

As you already know I'm sure, Daniel is a great asset too. You guys have great support and I commend you for this.

GOOD NEWS: I am seeing true HD images on the NVR now.

BAD NEWS: Looks like I will be buying the more expensive cams in the near future  LOL

Have a great weekend,
Shawn

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
May 30, 2014 - 2:35 pm
sp_ReportPost

I am so glad it all worked out. Thank you very much for your business!

shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
May 30, 2014 - 10:47 pm
sp_ReportPost

Which NVR is the new one you speak about? What is the throughput exactly?

ShawnInFL
Members
May 31, 2014 - 9:03 am
sp_ReportPost

This is the one I have now, looks to be 128MB. The burner is really not needed, it just filled my needs best.  Having the burner also limits the number of HDD's you can have inside the unit. More HDD's the better recording at these higher resolution settings.  You can always backup/burn your recorded video to USB drive instead of the DVD burner anyway.  My previous NVR model had MUCH less throughput. I have all 2MP IP cameras, 10 total at this point. With my previous NVR, I was unable to enjoy HD recording simply because the NVR could not handle the traffic. I had built a large new dedicated CAT6 Network just for the cameras, Gig switches and had all HD cams, none of this was any use as the NVR was the weak link. Just a note, if you have long distances to cover, I had a gated entry about 350' away from wired network for example, the nano stations work GREAT!! Now, with the improved NVR, I can enjoy full 1080P 30 fps video!!  BIG improvement as you can imagine. Certainly makes me feel better about all the effort and money I spent on the network and cams too :o) Excited to be able to add HD IP Cams to the remaining 6 channels on the NVR soon enough. Probably much more so than my wife will be watching me spend more on electronics. My drug of choice  LOL  Want to get addicted, start automating your house like me, I use Zwave, its very fun but very addictive!!

MY NEW NVR:

http://www.securitycameraking......-prd1.html

ShawnInFL
Members
June 18, 2014 - 4:42 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hi Brad,

I wasn't sure where to do this but I wanted to make sure I did it somewhere ;o)

Today, I had some questions and Zeke helped me out over the phone. Just wanted to take a moment and let you know he did a great job!! One of the best experiences I have had with a service rep from any company in a very long time.  Very professional, very focused in his answers and efforts.  Not very often that folks send a word of thanks when a job is well done so I wanted to take the time to do just that and tell you what I'm sure you already know...Zeke is top notch and I look forward to working with him again in the future.

Have a great day!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 25
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22945
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel