Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
Chadsr21
Members
Forum Posts: 9
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
June 15, 2016 - 11:47 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

We purchased a DVR-LT016480 back in Feb 2011, and have been replacing cameras for you unit as we expand our needs. We had bought some [#OD-LX700IR100L2812-W] to replace a few cameras that had lighting issues back in Aug 2015, but my last visit to your site showed you were not carrying those anymore. I got on your live chat and gave them the model numbers and they suggested  [#CVIOD-TP1IRE] would work with our system so I ordered two. The new camera's do not work with the existing system.

I'm now in the position where I need to know 1) Do you still carry cameras that work for this system, 2) what upgrade options do I have to use our existing camera's and hard drives?

We are currently running 16 cameras 24/7 being recorded on 2 x WD Purple WD30PURX 3TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Driv - OEM.( Link removed)

Ted
Guests

Members
Forum Posts: 60
June 15, 2016 - 12:00 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Chadsr21 -

Those cameras should work fine with your system. They are HDCVI cameras with an option to output analog signal.

Look at the pigtail that comes from the camera - you'll see a BNC video output / a 12V DC power connector / and a short lead with two bare wires. Strip back the insulation on those two wires and twist them together. That will enable the analog output from the camera. Then it should work with your DVR. Let us know if that helps.

Chadsr21
Members
Forum Posts: 9
June 15, 2016 - 2:35 pm
sp_ReportPost

That worked! I didn't have a good enough connection on the two wires and was afraid to strip them back too far in case I had to return them.

I would still like to know what upgrades I would need to add some higher def cameras to the system. I've looked at the tribrid boxes and such, but haven't settled on anything.

Guests
June 16, 2016 - 5:08 pm
sp_ReportPost

Additionally if you'd like to take advantage of HD resolution.  You do have the option upgrade TRIDVR that would be capable of handling your old analog cameras as well as the new HD cameras. Of course as you've now noticed we do still carry cameras that are backwards compatible to analog.

http://www.securitycameraking......-prd1.html

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 18
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel