If you need a residential security monitoring system that records audio, you need to consider a home security system camera sound. These systems are standard digital video recording systems that produce high quality color digital video but in addition, they also record sound.
There are several uses for a home security system camera sound. One of the most widely used applications is as gate cameras at the entrance to properties. A digital video camera with sound is placed at the entry gate location and is normally used with an electronically controlled entry gate. Users can not only see the visitor using video, but can converse with them using the audio function as well.
Another practical application, similar to the gate camera, for a home security system camera with sound is a front door (or any door for that matter) entrance system. The camera is mounted in a location that can capture the image of anyone entering or approaching an entrance. Once again, audio can be recorded and with a simple intercom like system be used to communicate with the visitor.
A third application for a home security system camera sound is when it is used as a baby monitor. Night vision infrared security digital video cameras with audio are normally used for these systems. An infrared digital video camera is sensitive to infrared radiation. These cameras use infrared Light Emitting Diodes ore LEDs to illuminate the baby’s area. Infrared light is invisible to the human eye so it won’t disturb the baby during periods of sleep at night. In addition, audio recording provides constant sound monitoring as well, making this a comprehensive monitoring system.
Another possible application may include using a camera with sound to monitor a non-ambulatory medical patient. Some individuals that are confined to a bed may require 24/7 video monitoring. In addition, if a home security system camera sound is used then the patient can alert the caregiver if they are needed by using their voice or some other sound creating object. Wireless remote monitors make these applications even more versatile by allowing the user freedom to move about the house.
There are several different types of home security systems with cameras that capture sound. In fact, most camera types are available. Some of the sound recording camera types available may include:
• Indoor/outdoor — unless they are specified as being both types, cameras are normally one or the other. Outdoor cameras have enclosures that protect them from the elements.
• Day/night vision — these cameras are very sensitive to light and record video images in very little available visible light.
• Night vision infrared — these cameras (such as the baby monitor type mentioned above) can record video images in total darkness using infrared illumination.
• Wireless — digital video security cameras require a transmission cable be run from each camera to a Digital Video Recorder or DVR. Wireless cameras eliminate the need for this cable by sending the signal via radio waves.
• Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) — these cameras and move horizontally and vertically to increase the field of view for the camera. In addition, they can “zoom” in using telephoto lens technology to enlarge objects.
• Internet Protocol or IP ready — these cameras contain their own server technology and c an be networked using the internet. Their video and sound can be monitored and recorded using a personal computer connected to the internet and a standard web browser like Internet Explorer.
• Motion Detection On — these cameras contain a motion detector that switches the camera on to record video and audio saving DVR or hard drive recording space. In addition, if your camera is battery operated this will greatly extend the life of the battery.
These are just some of the examples of the various cameras that can also be used to record sound. If capturing sound is important as well as video, you should consider purchasing a home security system camera sound. These systems require very little if any extra installation preparation, are easy to install and use, and are versatile enough to be used for many different kinds of applications.