Many people often ask our security experts “What is the best hidden camera?” The answer to this seemingly simple question is far more complicated than it might seem. In the following article, we’ll take a look at some of the hidden cameras that Security Camera King has to offer and offer a short description of the camera according to type and output of the camera. This should allow you to decide for yourself just exactly what the best hidden camera is for you.
Before we talk about specific cameras, let’s review how a digital video camera works. This should provide you with the insight of how they are able to produce the tremendous variety of different hidden cameras. The construction of the camera components between cameras is basically the same, it’s how they are designed to be used (either hidden or disguised) that requires some creative ingenuity.
First, digital video cameras need a lens to gather the reflective light from its field of vision. The lens gathers this light (image) and projects it on a light sensitive electronic chip that is usually no larger than 1/4 inch square.
This electronic chip is sensitive to light. In fact, when this chip is irradiated with light from the lens, the chip emits electronic impulses that can be measured and used to create an electronic video image replica of what the camera “sees” in its field of vision. One of two different chips is used, but they both produce the same final end product. The chips that are used are either a Charged Coupled Device or CCD or a Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor or CMOS.
A series of Integrated Chips or IC’s, tiny electronic configurations, perform any additional manipulation of the impulses to produce digital data, correct color, balance, and clarity, and prepare the data for transmission to a Digital Video Recorder or DVR or monitor. So from an “internal” standpoint, many of the best hidden cameras are the same or very similar.
Now let’s take a look at some of the best hidden cameras Security Camera King has to offer:
- 2.4 GHz wireless color or black and white button cameras – these cameras can be worn with just about any button down garment. They produce amazing video with good detail and clarity and with the need for very little light.
- 2.4 GHz wireless color or black and white screw cameras - Talk about the ultimate in disguise! These cameras look just like genuine Phillips head screws. They utilize a wide angle lens the produce a video that requires very little ambient light.
- Hidden pen color camera with audio – Everything including the camera and the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) are inside this pen. In addition, the pen actually writes as well.
- Hidden wrist watch color camera with audio – like our hidden pen camera, this device produces a good quality video with sound. All you need to do is plug it into the USB port of your computer to download and watch the video created by this camera.
- Perhaps the best hidden camera is the Wall Clock camera. This camera can be purchased to produce black and white or color video. The wall clock is a working wall clock and looks like the typical wall clock you might see in any office or home.
- Another one of the best hidden cameras is the smoke detector hidden camera. On the outside this device appears to be just another ordinary smoke detector. The inside however, includes a 420 TVL high resolution camera. Excellent for use in homes, office, and just about anywhere.
- If you’re the proud parent of a recently born child (or children), perhaps the best hidden camera for you would be the 2.4 GHz wireless dog baby monitor camera. This camera is great for monitoring infants or children and the camera is ingeniously hidden within a stuffed dog animal. While this product was not designed to transmit to a DVR (most baby monitors do not have the need to be recorded), it does come with an LCD wireless monitor that can work from just about any room in the house.
These are just some of the examples of the best hidden camera. As you can see, what may be a best hidden camera for one individual may not be for another. Check out our vast supply of hidden and hidden wireless cameras on our on-line catalog.