Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
1080 p analogue camera on older dvr ??
sp_NewPost Add Reply sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Huffy
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 24, 2020 - 5:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hi folks,

Nice of you to let me in here !!Smile

I have an oldish analogue system ,around 8 years or so and one of the three PTZ cameras has stopped working !

I bought a new Chinese analogue ptz camera off the net for £100 ,a 1080P ,which I have been told wont work with some older dvrs?

Now essentially I understand analogue will work like a tv on my system , using the co ax for the tv signal  , the cat for the rs control signal ,and the power runs on a separate power lead   !

So if I connect a 1080 p camera to the co ax and power up (not worrying about rs 485 yet )I should see a picture ,No????

IIRC every time I connected a simple camera ,it didn’t need any special ‘tuning in’ ?? Or is my memory a bit lacking ?

Having tried a patch lead next to the dvr and powered it , no picture .  That discounts any co ax probs but not in the dvr itself .

I am lacking another older camera just to test that side of things !!

Its all a bit frustrating to be honest 

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 783
August 24, 2020 - 9:09 am
sp_ReportPost

If your camera is 1080P is what the industry calls Analogue HD, the signal is actually a digital signal but because the use of Coaxial cable and BNC connectors are used they call it “analog”, it will not work unless you have the correct recorder, wich you could get here at securitycameraking.com call in for Sales they can get you one that will work for your camera. 

sp_AnswersTopicAnswer
Answers Post

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Calculate your Hard Disk Drive HereCalculate your Lens Here |  Calculate your Voltage Drop Here

Video Vault (All Videos)         |  Security Camera Videos |     Smartphone Access Videos  

Check out the new Tech! HD-CVI       More.... 

Huffy
Members
Forum Posts: 3
August 27, 2020 - 3:31 am
sp_ReportPost

Thanks for that !!

After a few odd attempts to make sense of the system again , after my brain has gone rusty , I managed to sort out the few problems in the end !

The Sony PTZ camera was suffering from a poor connection INSIDE where the power supply plugs into a small board that then has a plug to severn ? wires that feed the various motors and camera .

I think its proximity inside the metal framed shed in the top of the roof has attracted and bit of damp over the last 7 yrs and caused a bit of ‘greening’ on the connector . I used switch cleaner and disconnected /reattached the plugs a few times and coated them with Vaseline .

She appears to boot up each time I apply the power now and having checked it out in test with the patch lead I made (and manged to compromise first time around !!  Now fixed !)    it is ready for reinstall.

The other ptz problem camera I had (No control) was purely down to one fragile control wire on the RJ 485 becoming rotted off !

Cushty 

Will either sell the 1080 or keep it if I bite the bullet and get an up to date DVR and more cameras – or sell it !!

Thanks for having me !!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 233

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Dan Maresca: 460

Techpro Security: 404

Heath Phillips: 261

shockwave199: 179

tubac: 166

Jer7of9: 151

Gilberto: 150

MrDeepFreeze: 136

javajeff: 132

LittleBrad: 103

Newest Members:

Lihodedov370

rgraysoist

gbalpirapro

carolinanc11

Alfrednorie

xfsconnect

Leslieerync

Alujed

geobalinfopro

IshKabibble

Forum Stats:

Groups: 5

Forums: 28

Topics: 1443

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 128

Members: 19256

Moderators: 9

Admins: 5

Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro_1, Tony Petruzzi

Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Aldino Frassinelli, Joe Shopsin, Joe Reffit, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel