The following short tutorial is to show our users how to set up an external microphone on a security camera with audio input. This topic has been a common request recently and it is our hope that we can help present some easy instructions to make the process simple to follow.
If you’re interested in purchasing any security cameras, video recorders, and more, visit our online security camera store. If you need further technical or sales assistance, please contact Security Camera King.
The video provided above provides a really quick and easy way to set up an external microphone on a security camera with audio input. Below we’ll cover the steps that are shown within the video tutorial.
- First, let’s take a look at everything you’ll need to complete the setup. You will need a PoE source, such as a PoE switch, the PoE splitter, as well as the microphone.
- Of course, you’ll also need a security camera capable of supporting an external microphone.
How To Set Up An External Microphone On A Security Camera With Audio Input
- First, connect your PoE switch to the ethernet port on the PoE splitter.
- Next, connect the DC power source on the splitter to the DC power port on the microphone.
- Next, connect the ethernet on the PoE splitter to the ethernet on the camera.
- Next, connect the DC power port that’s available left on the mic to the DC power port on the camera.
- Take the RCA to 3.5 millimeter cable and connect that between the camera and the microphone.
That’s it! We are all finished and you should now have access to your external microphone on your security camera.
Thanks again for trusting us with your video surveillance support needs and learning how to set up a camera with an external microphone.