Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Connecting Blue Iris software to a Geo Vision BL120d IP camera
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
GeorgeLawlor
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 19, 2014 - 9:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Been searching for days trying to connect a GVBL120d IP Bullet camera with Blue Iris software.  I am able to communicate with and display the GV camera using GeoVision utilities and display software but I do not have a Geovision NVR instead I am using Blue Iris software.  Until now Blue Iris has been perfect and connected to everything I have tried. 

The Blue Iris software connects to a DVR and four Wanscam IP Cameras now displaying 11 various analogue cameras for a total of 15 cameras in one screen.  BUT no display yet of the GeoVision IP BL120d camera.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I am just an amateur at this, it is my hobby.  Been at it for about three years now and have tried quite a variety of hardware and software.  My normal setup is the 16 channel DVR with 11 analogue cameras connected and the four IP cams connected via LAN. all looking at the great outdoors.

Thanks for thinking about this with me.

George

Gilberto
Members
Forum Posts: 150
December 19, 2014 - 9:33 am
sp_ReportPost

Good morning George, so your trying to use Blue Iris with one of our DVR/NVR?

GeorgeLawlor
Members
December 19, 2014 - 1:30 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hello Gilberto:

My in use DVR is an Eyeonet 5216AH, I believe it is manufactured by Dauha.  There are variety of cameras; Nite Owl (the first and second DVR systems I tried), a Swann PRO-752 PTZ and other Swann cams, a Jetview PTZ, several Wanscam IP PTZ's and a variety of analogue cameras.  With a mix of equipment like mine, software such as Blue Iris is the only solution I came up with.   The biggest lesson I have learned from all this experimentation is that one hardware supplier would be ideal.  But it does not seem possible to get enough variety of equipment from one source without spending mega bucks.  My latest acquisition is the used GVBL120d  IP camera I am trying to communicate with.

My LAN is all gigabit, centered on a TP Link 24 position managed switch.   My PC is a 64bit 4 gigahertz six core AMD with 16 gigabytes of RAM running Windows 8, and Windows XP and Linux in virtual machines and LOTS of HD space. Our biggest bottleneck is the satellite ISP. We live in a rural environment. 

It was a pleasant surprise to find this forum specializing in CCTV devices software and solutions to the problems that arise when we try to use all that stuff.  I look forward to learning much here and to the possibility of my experiences being of use to other members of the forum from time to time.  Thanks

George

Gilberto
Members
Forum Posts: 150
December 19, 2014 - 1:59 pm
sp_ReportPost

George welcome to our forum, we are here to help as many techs and beginners we all started out that way : )

I will try  doing some more research on those models, what is the steam that the software is requiring? TCP, UDP, RSTP or HTTP?

GeorgeLawlor
Members
December 19, 2014 - 3:24 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hello Gilberto:

"what is the steam that the software is requiring? TCP, UDP, RSTP or HTTP?" 

The software can use all of these, typically the software uses HTTP and or RSTP.  The camera is referred to as an h264 camera.  Generally one only needs to get close with Blue Iris and it will usually discover the camera and configure it self.  Blue Iris is onviv wise but that does not seem to help in this case even though the camera is advertized also as onviv wise..  With respect to this IP camera Blue Iris never seems to get past go, I have never seen any type of response from the GV IP camera to Blue Iris.  Blue Iris acts as though it thinks that Foscams19xx and 18xx may be compatible and I have tried every variety of Foscams available to me in Blue Iris to reach the GVBL120g IP camera with no success.

It seems as though if we find the correct set of port numbers everything will just click.  This is an area where my knowledge is skimpy and I do not know for sure what default numbers should be for all of the ports involved and what the names of all of the ports might be.  If I had a list of those port names and numbers I would configure both the camera and Blue Iris for a try. 

Thanks  George

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 54
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel