Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
PTZ-EL700L23X looks dark at night and during the day
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
Forum Posts: 100
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 28, 2013 - 3:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hey guys, we installed this ptz at a customer's location about six months ago and had a problem with it right off the bat. I brought it in and it was sent out to be repaired. We got it back rather quick which was good, but when we installed it, it gives out dark video, even during the day. I went in and reset the camera settings to the default settings and nothing changed. I have attached a screen shot while using PSS. The camera I am having a problem with is cam2, cam1 is a kalatel PTZ and the other two are older box cameras.

Originally when we installed this camera, we had to isolate it from the steel building because there was an inconsistency of static electricity between the building where the DVR was and the building where the camera is installed. once we isolated it, we were able to receive a picture from the camera but it comes through dark. Is there a setting that I am missing?

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
July 28, 2013 - 9:34 am
sp_ReportPost

Hello, 

Sorry but I can see any image attached. If you turn OFF the camera and turn it back ON do you see the camera doing its testing patterns? do you see anything on the screen when doing so? Also do you have control over the camera? If you move the camera from the DVR using the PTZ controller can you have someone at the camera and see if it moves? Sometimes I see the lens going inside the black housing of the camera due to trying to move it too far down.

Thanks

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
July 30, 2013 - 12:01 am
sp_ReportPost

Your site is not letting me upload a pic. I am able to add the files, but the "start upload" button is not working.  Do you have an email that I can send it to? The controls on the camera are working fine. The camera has a very clear and crisp picture, just the picture is really dark. I have reset it and it cycles like normal. I have installed quite a few of these and use them every night, so I know what they should look like. Even when this camera has no flood lights looking at it, the image is still dark.

Techpro Security
Members
July 30, 2013 - 8:54 am
sp_ReportPost

I see, please do me a favor and go to the DVR PTZ controller and click the + Iris and see if the camera gets clear. Try that and let us know

Thanks

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
August 4, 2013 - 1:15 am
sp_ReportPost

I hope you aren't trying to be sarcastic.  Thank you for the expert technical support. It seems that every time I call in for some tech support, this is the kind of response I get.

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
August 4, 2013 - 7:36 am
sp_ReportPost

I can assure you he is not trying to be sarcastic and none of us ever would. What Jesus is trying to say is that we have seen cases when the PTZ Iris is stuck and by tapping one time on the + Iris button would get the camera to use auto focus and adjust the iris automatically. It was just to test and determine if that was the issue. 

Also, we fixed the upload issue on the forum so you can now upload the video, or even better, let one of the tech remote into the camera. The camera could be defective, but it is so much more likely that an adjustment in the OSD will fix the problem. 

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
August 7, 2013 - 1:28 am
sp_ReportPost

ptz-pic.jpgImage Enlarger

I have attached a screen shot while using PSS. The camera I am having a problem with is cam2, cam1 is a kalatel PTZ and the other two are older box cameras

I pushed the + iris button and nothing happened. 

Guests
August 7, 2013 - 9:32 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

If the model of the camera is PTZ-EL700L23X. It makes sense as to why the camera is dark at night. There are no IR on the camera. As for the day shot it looks like we may need to log in and check settings in the OSD of camera. The Iris may need to be opened more. If you see no difference do you still have control of the camera?

Techpro Security
Members
August 7, 2013 - 1:59 pm
sp_ReportPost

Also Please if you can provide the remote IP address of your DVR, TCP or HTTP port of the DVR, Username and Password to access the unit. Please DO NOT post this in the forum, instead send us a PM to either me or Daniel 

Thank you!!

Techpro Security
Members
August 9, 2013 - 11:49 am
sp_ReportPost

Scott, 

I have check the configurations of the CAmera. I have to say that there were some of the settings that were not correct. Also this DVR seems to be very old and the quality I see over the network is not right as well. PLease check the camera at night and see how it looks. So far the camera seems OK to me during the Day

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
September 2, 2013 - 11:02 am
sp_ReportPost

What ever you changed made a pretty big difference. Thanks for your help.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 84
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel