Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
ptzlx700l12x night vision
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
lordmetalz28
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 3, 2014 - 8:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hello

My name is Chris. i recently purchased the ptzlx700l12 camera from security camera king. During the day it is a wonderful camera and i absolutely love it. I also have 4 cheap-o cams on the corners of my house from another company. This new ptz camera cannot see at night. I have 2  cfl90 flood bulbs on every side of my house so light is not an issue. the camera cannot see 5ft in front of it at night. I went into camera setting on the DVR and adjusted the  brightness contrast and saturation to a nice level for night viewing and i could see things wonderfully.  Come morning time the screen was just about whited out and i couldn't see things during the day much if at all so i had to set the brightness etc back to default. I also went into iris and set the day night option to auto? i,m not to sure what that meant or other settings in there  but nothing really changed. There must be a setting or a happy medium i,m missing because the demo videos on security camera king are very nice. and when i messed with brightness i also had a good picture. Is there some happy medium i,m missing or something else???

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 820
April 4, 2014 - 8:43 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

This camera cannot see at low light / Night because it does not have any IR LED's. You can use an Illuminator to flood the area with Infra red lighting. Can you get a screen shot of what the recorder is showing and attach it here? I suspect it could be the light bulbs affecting the PTZ. Any direct light either by direct sun light or artificial lighting can cause issues.

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Calculate your Hard Disk Drive HereCalculate your Lens Here |  Calculate your Voltage Drop Here

Video Vault (All Videos)         |  Security Camera Videos |     Smartphone Access Videos  

Check out the new Tech! HD-CVI       More.... 

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
April 4, 2014 - 10:12 am
sp_ReportPost

Actually, I think Jose missed the fact that you said lighting is not an issue because you have flood lights on every side of the house. Then you said if you increased brightness you could see well at night but during the day, it is all white. 

First, you should not increase the brightness for nighttime viewing because that will stay like that during the day and the result is the white screen you see. Under normal conditions, all you have to do is set up auto day/night but as you said this is not working. There are two possible issues I can think of. Issue # 1 is that when you set the camera to Auto for day/night it is not switching to night time mode because the onboard sensor is being fooled by the flood lights. You will be able to tell if that is the case by reviewing the low lux footage and see if the camera ever transitions from color to black and white. The camera should automatically switch to black and white mode in low light and this is an indicator that the camera is now in night time mode. If you do not see this transition then the camera has been fooled by all the flood lights and is never switching to night time mode. You can resolve this by re-positioning the flood lights or the cameras, or by switching to always be in night time mode. This will cause your day time footage to also be in black and white, but it will be clear in both day and night time.

Issue possibility # 2 is that you do not have the Sense up or nighttime illumination turned on. One of our techs will be able to be more specific with this setting because each camera has a different name for this feature, but basically this digitally enhances the brightness of the image but it only effects the night time viewing and does not have any effect on the day time viewing. This would be the ideal way for you to set up the camera but it does require for the camera to be able to automatically switch from daytime to nighttime viewing.

You can always give us a call so we can remotely check the settings of the camera for you. 

lordmetalz28
Members
Forum Posts: 2
April 6, 2014 - 8:27 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hello and thank you for the responses. The auto night time mode is confirmed working. as when i pan over towards the flood lights i see color come back and when i pan away from it color is lost. The direction i keep it and the directions on the property checked do not get tripped off by the flood lights. I am going to call tech support tomorrow and go thru the settings because the camera itself is working fine.

KadMan
Members
Forum Posts: 18
May 21, 2014 - 1:59 pm
sp_ReportPost

Anyone have any nighttime footage of this camera in low light conditions? Or footage at night with an infrared illuminator? I am interested in this product because of the low price but need something to see at night also. My concerns with an infrared illuminator is not geeting full coverage with the camera being a PTZ.

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
May 21, 2014 - 2:02 pm
sp_ReportPost

KadMan said
Anyone have any nighttime footage of this camera in low light conditions? Or footage at night with an infrared illuminator? I am interested in this product because of the low price but need something to see at night also. My concerns with an infrared illuminator is not geeting full coverage with the camera being a PTZ.

This is a quick video demonstration of our PTZ-EL700L12X performing at night time.

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Calculate your Hard Disk Drive HereCalculate your Lens Here |  Calculate your Voltage Drop Here

Video Vault (All Videos)         |  Security Camera Videos |     Smartphone Access Videos  

shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
May 21, 2014 - 4:15 pm
sp_ReportPost

As a member and not support, I'll suggest to just understand how dark all your area to be covered is. A ptz without IR will need sufficient light for it to provide a usable picture. If night viewing is really a major need, the PTZ-EL700IR250L24x camera would really be much more appropriate and even though it's more expensive, it's a good deal for a very capable camera. For all the effort you go through installing a ptz, you want to make sure it delivers for you without any further installation concerns. Buy once, install once. That camera will deliver those results. Good luck. 

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
May 21, 2014 - 4:35 pm
sp_ReportPost

shockwave199

Makes a good Point this camera requires enough lighting. 

This cameras Minimum Illumination is B/W : 0.0002lux (F/1.6) Color 0.1Lux

lux_light_leve.jpgImage Enlarger

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 30
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1495

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22938
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel