Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Question about configuration on DVR-EL4120ME
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Rich
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 11, 2013 - 2:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have setup a new DVR-EL4120ME along with a OD-LX700IR50-W Camera. Something I changed during the configration, though I can't figure out what, has changed the image from this camera sideways. It was fine this morning before I started getting the motion detect configured. What could I have done, and how do I fix this?

thanks!

Rich

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
July 11, 2013 - 2:44 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hello And welcome, 

You can go to main menu>settingsDefault and default the entire DVR back to defaults. If that doesn't help, the you must reset the camera itself back to defaults. If you didn't make any changes at the camera level then resetting the DVR should work. last resort will be disconnecting the power supply off the camera and see how the picture comes up. 

Thanks

Rich
Members
July 11, 2013 - 3:31 pm
sp_ReportPost

I don't even know how to change settings on the camera, so I didn't make any changes there. Resetting back to the defaults seems extreme, doesn't it? If I disconnect the power supply to the camera, there is no picture because there is no power to the camera - am I missing something?

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
July 11, 2013 - 3:41 pm
sp_ReportPost

I think what Jesus is recommending is that you reboot the camera by unplugging it from the power supply then plug it back in. The issue here is that you say the image is "Sideways". There is not a setting in the DVR that can cause the image to flip sideways, but the camera does have an OSD (On Screen Display) which can be accessed through the joystick on the camera cable and it does offer the ability to flip the image. I hope this helps. 

Rich
Members
July 11, 2013 - 4:03 pm
sp_ReportPost

Ahhh, a joystick on the camera cable. I wasn't aware there is one as I didn't install the camera, was just asked to make it work. I will check that out, I bet it got bumped when I cleaned up the cable routing today. Thanks for your help.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 23
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel