If your software is having issues where its not loading because of Windows Problems you can manually transfer/backup your config file and devices file then reinstall the software and "patch" the software with the older config and devices and regain access.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Locate the SmartPSS install folder. This is usually called, "Smart Professional Surveillance System" and is located under either:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Smart Professional Surveillance System
- C:\Program Files\Smart Professional Surveillance System
2. In the, "SmartPSS" folder there will be a file called, "conf.xml" locate that file.
3. Copy the, "conf.xml" file to the location of your choosing.
4. Repeat these steps for “device.xml” and “device1.xml”
Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: email@example.com