Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
PTZ-LX700L12X - how do I get the camera to do a patrol
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
West Coast Jones
10 miles west of Forks, WA
Members
Forum Posts: 66
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
June 14, 2014 - 8:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have the Hybrid Fed 16 Channel system, just got it and having a lot of problems understanding the manual on the DVD that came with it.
Having a big problem understanding the manual that came with the PTZ-LX70012X even more so.
How to I program the camera to do a patrol scan etc?
In the Pan/Tilt/Zoom menu that you bring up, the only function I have had any luck with is setting the preset points, as the camera points to them when I do the page 2 enter the preset numbers I have set.
I can not figure out how to set the Pattern, Tour, Auto Scan, Auto Pan, or the Flip function to work.
This is my first security camera system, so am pretty sure it is some basic steps that I am just missing.
If someone would set down the steps click by click I need to do to get this camera working for me to video our property I would be obliged.
Also, is there a manual out there that is easier to understand than the one that came with the system?

Thanks

Zeke Richey
Moderators
Forum Posts: 35
June 16, 2014 - 9:44 am
sp_ReportPost

In order to set up a pattern for that camera you will need to first set up the presets in the DVR. Once that is done you will need to add the presets to the pattern through the camera's On Screen Display (OSD).

In order to set the presets, you will need to set the camera up so that you can see it's live video feed and be able to control it manually. Then follow these steps -

- Right click anywhere in this camera's live video feed (Making it full screen will make this easier).

- Select Pan/Tilt/Zoom.

- Use this interface to move the camera to the position that you want to assign to preset 1.

- Click on the 'Set' button.

- Enter '1' in the top field here and click the 'Set' button.

You have just set up the first preset. Repeat these steps for all of the presets that you want to set up. Once you have all them set up then you'll need to access the camera's OSD and set up the pattern there by following the steps below.

- Click on the '+' Iris button to open the OSD. When you're in this menu the up and down arrows will move you through these menus and the '+' Iris button will allow to make selections

- Select pattern setup.

- Go down to pattern point num and push left or right to make that number reflect the number of presets that you've set up though the DVR.

- Set the pattern dwell time for the number of second that you want the camera to rest at each preset.

- Scroll up to pattern tour and change it to start.

- Scroll down to and select return and then exit menu.

At this point the camera should starting moving through your preset points and pausing at each for the specified period of time.

West Coast Jones
Members
June 22, 2014 - 6:25 pm
sp_ReportPost

OK, got that to work. I set up 29 presets 1st, opened OSD and added presets 1 to 15 one at a time by going to pattern setup menu & adding each preset one at a time using the right arrow on the PTZ control page 1 to add the presets one at a time, dropping to return menu in OSD using down arrow on PTZ control page 1, then going back to pattern menu & adding next preset, continued until had added each of 15 presets, ended with click start & exit menu. Exit OSD and clicked pattern on PTZ control page 2 menu, and it ran the pattern going to each of the 15 presets and then looping.

Now I have a new problem.

I tried to set up a new pattern by first resetting preset point 10 to 18 for a new group of preset locations, went in to the OSD & entered these new points, 10 through 18, but then the OSD menu locked up on me, as did the on screen PTZ arrow control menu.

I can not get it to return to use trying power off PTZ camera, setting DVR PTZ back to default settings either at the DVR PTZ control setting menu, or seleting the DVR default main menu PTZ box to set defaulting PTZ setting, or trying click DVR main menu restart system, nor by doing cold boot on the DVR with PTZ unplugged and DVR PTZ settings on default.

When I reset the PTZ main menu setup back to camera 1 (PTZ channel) PELCOD and 9600, I still can not bring up the OSD menu using the Iris +, nor control the PTZ with the arrow buttons.

My PTZ is locked up, no control, just video like one of the dome cameras.

Help! Not good.

West Coast Jones
Members
June 22, 2014 - 9:40 pm
sp_ReportPost

Update:

When trying to do reboot of the camera by powering it off/on, I noted that address had changed from default 001 to 165.

Do not know how this change came about as I was not doing any changes to the camera settings other than working in the OSD pattern menu, but long story short, reset the settings on the Main Menu/Settings/Pan/Tilt/Zoom menu and yahoo, the Iris + gets the menu and the arrow menu is back working.

As long as I am back in this forum, could someone help me out on how to get the Tour, Auto Scan & Auto Pan functions working.

Also why does the Flip & Reset buttons on the PAN/Tilt?Zoom menu no highlight when I mouse over them?

What are they suppose to do anyway? Again, it might be there in the manual, but I can not figure the translation out if it is.

I do like this system once I get things going on it, but having a dickens of time figuring it out.

I guess I am one of those old school that needs the instructions to be like the ones good old Zeke set down for me further up in this post, for getting things to run like they should.

By the way, thank you Zeke, you and Jesus R. have been swell in helping me get our system up and running.

I like your support team, you are A-1.

My neighbor from Hell has spotted my cameras, and it has cooled his heels a bit. Nothing like knowing your CS deeds are being recorded. Ha.

Guests
June 23, 2014 - 12:05 pm
sp_ReportPost

Change the address in DVR to match camera and see if you can gain control again. If you can default the camera in the OSD options. If you cannot I need you to call in as we maybe looking at an RMA .

West Coast Jones
Members
June 24, 2014 - 4:10 am
sp_ReportPost

Thanks for the reply.

Guess I wasn't too clear. That's what I did in my update, did all that and got control back + did a default in the camera OSD and it set back to address 1, set that in the DVR and been going good.

Any tips on setting up the PTZ on how to get the Tour, Auto Scan & Auto Pan functions working. I still can not figure that out. Pattern is working, but can not get the other features to go.

Also why does the Flip & Reset buttons on the PAN/Tilt?Zoom menu no highlight when I mouse over them?

Guests
June 24, 2014 - 11:33 am
sp_ReportPost

On that particular camera to set up a tour you open the PTZ control at dvr monitor. Move the camera to first spot. Then click set, in box labled preset enter 1 then click set button. Window should go back to movement of camera. Move camera to next preset  click set enter 2 in preset box then click preset again. Set all your presets like that. To check your presets click page switch once then enter preset number in NO box then click preset camera should move to that preset.   Next you need to get into camera OSD Then find pattern option. IN there you set point number to how many presets you created, dwell time I lower to 5 seconds but you can leave at 10. Then change pattern from start to stop. Once you leave camera OSD it should start moving in a 5-10 seconds. 

West Coast Jones
Members
June 25, 2014 - 12:09 am
sp_ReportPost

So your telling me that  the "Pattern" button & the "Tour" buttons on the menu are the same program, as you are telling me they both set up the same?

What about  the "Auto Scan" button & the "Auto Pan" button?

The names tell me that they should do a sweep of an area rather than a point to point patrol like the "Pattern & I guess the Tour" functions do, or are they just the same point to point system Pattern & Tour do?

I am hoping they do a continuous back and forth movement from points set  to limit the left and right movement, and not the jerking movement the patrol feature does to each preset point.

And what is the "Flip" button for?

How do I get the "Reset" button to work, and just what does it reset?

Guests
June 25, 2014 - 10:02 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

the button labels are separate from camera features. The button is there should the camera have the feature in other words. That camera will do an auto scan, but its fairly quick. Basically it just rotates 360 degrees non-stop. Setting up a tour is better in most cases, because you can zoom in and focus to a specific spot, pause then move to next point.  If you want it to sweep I would just set two presets up and have it go back and forth. 

What do you mean by jerking movement? Should be smooth. Does the camera vibrate or make a grinding noise when moving? It should have a light electric motor buzz to it when moving but that's it. 

West Coast Jones
Members
June 25, 2014 - 6:21 pm
sp_ReportPost

Thanks Dan, that explains the button functions not working on the DVR menu.

When the camera moves from one preset to the next it goes so fast I can not see what is happening in the field of view between the presets.

Maybe I can try slowing the camera pan speed and that might fix the problem?

I think I may have seen a place to do this on the OSD menu.

In other words if I set a preset point #1 at say east and a preset point #2 at west, the camera pan speed might be able to be slowed and thus make a slower pan allowing being able to see clearly what is taking place in the field of view as the camera moves from point 1 to point 2.

West Coast Jones
Members
June 25, 2014 - 6:54 pm
sp_ReportPost

Will an external 198 IRLED advertised to reach out 50 to 300 foot range floodlight in the 940 nm range work for my PTZ-LX70012X and the OD-LX700IR100L2812-W dome cameras?

I would like to have the 940nM vs 850 nm to keep it from being seen as easily.

Guests
June 26, 2014 - 9:32 am
sp_ReportPost

In the OSD of the PTZ you look for speed limit. As this camera is entry level for a PTZ I do not believe you can adjust that. The dwell time you can. As for the IR illumination the cameras are sensitive to IR light. 850 NM has been proven to be optimal for light so far. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 31
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22945
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel