June 14, 2017
Dear security-camera-king forum expert,
Hello. We are a small community of farmers in a rural area of Central America. Recently, some out-of-town armed bandits have threatened trouble and our personal safety. We feel, given our strategic position on a mountainside with a long-range vantage and otherwise firm security, that we can easily repel the threat indefinitely, and mitigate the risks involved, if we have a suitable camera and motion-detection/tracking system to help us.
We recently purchased a 12-bullet-camera-NV-motion-alert system from PriceSmart (Costco in CA) as an emergency measure just to get started. Following rigorous testing, re-positioning, and further testing over several days, we plainly realize that this system is unable to reliably provide early detection or feasible tracking assistance. It seems to work fine as a short-range (5m) hall / path / entry surveillance recorder, which would serve as a deterrent to uninvited entry around our main hall only, for example, but certainly not as property or perimeter surveillance, threat detection, or tracking system.
Therefore, we require a rather sophisticated system that can serve the function of early detection by:
• watching and tracking movements along roads near and distant, but flexible enough to also see something at close range.
• In most cases, fixed bullet cameras are fine around the property, as long as they have really good motion detection and alert capabilities.
• It’s preferable if there is a system with both night-vision and thermal imaging, though good-quality NV is vital.
• We need several PTZ cameras (at least 3 to start) with motion tracking and feature-recognition software.
• These cameras must be able to work together to identify and keep track of incoming vehicles or people as far as 500 – 600 meters.
• In the future, we would like to be able to confirm the presence of people from at least 8km, if such capabilities exist for consumer security.
• All cameras must be for outdoor use.
• We prefer cable networks to 24hr wifi networks.
• Capability to operate camera drone in conjunction is a plus.
Thank you very much for your help.
Most Users Ever Online: 138
Currently Browsing this Page:
Dan Maresca: 460
Techpro Security: 404
Night Hawk: 100
West Coast Jones: 66
Guest Posters: 112
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Gabe Garcia
Moderators: Ryan, Zeke Richey, Jorge Nava, Heath Phillips, Brian Lee, Eric Wilson, Michael, Tonya Haley, LittleBrad, Ted, Matthew Ernst, Ariel Millard, Thomas Dapra