November 15, 2016
I am looking to install 1-2 cameras to monitor my backyard. I am thinking about installing the cameras under the roof/eaves – sort of like what’s shown here:
Image omitted – DO NOT POST EXTERNAL LINKS!
I am looking for a solution which meets most (or ideally all) these requirements:
- High quality outdoor camera which is weatherproof and robust
• Stable operation at low temperature (20-30F) as well as high temperature (90-100F)
• DVR with storage for at least 30 days of continuous recording so that it’s possible to go back and view recordings by date/time
• Video recordings must contain audio as well
• Ability to enable/disable motion detection
• Ability to define “motion detection areas” in the recording view
• Extremely good night vision
• High quality audio/video recording
• Ability to remotely adjust view (tilt, zoom)
• Access to DVR Web UI over an IP network (wired and wireless)
• Ability to view audio/video recordings via DVR Web UI on PC or phone
• Ability to view real-time camera feed from PC or phone
• Ability to configure trigger/alert notifications
• Intuitive and easy-to-use interface
October 15, 2014
If you have 2 cameras recording at a max of 2MP resolution at 20 frames per second recording 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 30 days, a 6TB hard drive should be sufficient for your needs. A recorder with one hard drive should work just fine for you.
I would suggest an NVR (network video recorder) for the IP Network. Many of our IP cameras have motorized zoom lens but it sounds like you might want to look at a PTZ (pan tilt zoom) camera if you want to be able to control the pan and zoom remotely.
A 4CH NVR would be suitable for your current needs.
For personal service, please call 866-573-8878
Most Users Ever Online: 233
Currently Browsing this Page:
Dan Maresca: 460
Techpro Security: 404
Heath Phillips: 261
Guest Posters: 128
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro_1, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Aldino Frassinelli, Joe Shopsin, Joe Reffit, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel