August 15, 2014
I am new to the surveilance camera world and very confused with what the best option is for my requirements.
Even though I am quiet capable of the installing side, I have no idea what it is I should be setting up and how to proceed with the set up.
I have listed my requirements below which come to mind, and would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction, especially with descriptions and explanations to the set up.
1) Decent quality image and 30 meter night vision (2-5mp photo image quality). I tried the Swan ADW-200 wireless digital camera and receiver but it was very poor quality and small flimsy unit.
2) Only want photos or video recorded when motion detected.
3) I have unused laptop and a notebook which I would like to utilise as monitor and recorder if this is possible.
4) I do not need remote access as I will be only viewing and recording images on site max 10m from camera position.
5) Set up must be the most cost effective solution as budget is limited.
6) must be able to set recording with motion detect and auto delete old files.
7) if possible a set up that does not require internet access or connection to a phone company’s phone line (don’t want data usage costs).
Is this camera I saw on AliExpress websit (SONY CCD EFFIO 700TVL bullet Outdoor Waterproof Home CCTV Security camera with 2Array Leds 50M Night Vision with 2MP 6mm lens) suitable for my requirements.
I would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction, especially with descriptions and explanations to the set up or where I can find this info.
Good afternoon, yes I see that you tried wireless camera technology, the issue with some wireless setups is that you will have lag and signal deterioration. We have very high quality and strong stand alone units like the new HDCVI DVR
This DVR is very cost affective and it can handle HD performance cameras like the HD-CVI 1.3MP – 720p Indoor/Outdoor IR Vandal Dome Camera
The HDCVI DVR AND cameras are connected using RG59 cable
Making installation a breeze having all the wires all in one cable housing.
If you need any help when ordering please give our sales department a call and they will help you every step of the way. Have a great weekend.
1. I strongly recommend using HD-CVI DVR and cameras. These cameras and DVR will give you quality video in 720p.
2. You can set the sensitivity for motion detection through the DVR.
3. These DVRs have a HDMI output and a VGA output which will work with any TV or computer monitor.
4. All though the feature is there to network these DVRs, you don’t need to use it.
5. All you need is a DVR, cameras, power supply, and some plug and play cables.
6. Motion detect and auto-delete files are the default settings on a new DVR. You would just have to play with the sensitivity settings to get them where you want them.
7. I covered this in step 4. Just plug the dvr in to the wall and you are ready to go.
Most Users Ever Online: 132
Currently Online: blindsey
Currently Browsing this Page:
Dan Maresca: 460
Techpro Security: 404
Night Hawk: 100
West Coast Jones: 66
Guest Posters: 83
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Gabe Garcia
Moderators: Ryan, Zeke Richey, Jorge Nava, Heath Phillips, Brian Lee, Eric Wilson, Michael, Tonya Haley, LittleBrad, Ted, Matthew Ernst, Ariel Millard, Ben Degraw