Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
HikVision iVMS 4200 to Handle 100 + Cameras?
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
cptech
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 20, 2015 - 4:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

hello,

Can anyone tell me if iVMS Application can handle total of 110 Cameras? I have 2 Brand new servers  that has 30TB Storage, 4GB RAM abd Xeon Quad Core processor. Planning to split the load between two servers.

Only Security personnel will have access to the server and the traffic in the property is about less than 50%(for Motion Detection). 

I have few questions regarding iVMS and HikVision 64ch NVR 

1. Can I set per camera to record to a different location from its local HDD? if yes, with 50 cameras using the storage server - will that affect the performance?

2. your thoughts of its user interface? 

3. thoughts of using 2 HikVision 64ch Servers to connect cameras then use the 2 server strictly for storage server

4. Use ONLY the iVMS( no Hik NVRs) on both servers as PCNVR server and Storage Server. Then connect/setup cameras on each Server to split the load?

please help!!

Thank you!

Dro Simoes
Boca Raton, FL
Members
Forum Posts: 50
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 20, 2015 - 4:54 pm
sp_ReportPost

Unfortunately, we cannot support hardware or software from other brands. I have never personally used HikVision product nor iVMS, but if someone else here on the forum has they may be able to better assist you. You may want to try contacting HikVision in order to get proper support for their devices and applications.

TechPro Security Products, LLC
http://SecurityCameraKing.com
http://TechProSecurity.com
Email: dsimoes@techprosecurity.com
Toll Free: (866) 573-8878 ext. 102
Phone: (561) 288-5258 ext. 102
Fax:(561) 288-5257
99 NW 11th ST
Boca Raton, FL 33432

Guests
July 20, 2015 - 6:12 pm
sp_ReportPost

I checked out the software specs and they are very vague on hardware requirements. I can tell you from experience that your CPU is probably(depending on rating) fine, but 4gb more ram and a video card will be required to run that many cameras. Try it before you buy anything else. Be aware that is a ton of video to handle without a video card.

I would think you can configure camera to store recording to another device other than local HDD be mindful of traffic as it may not act or operate as expected. 

no real opinion on interface...I would have to use it

I think that is a good idea for storage I would use esata for transfer though. Over network can severely bog it down with that much data. I have yet to see a dvr/nvr with nic ports that have transfer speeds to rival esata. 

Most IP cameras can operate completely without an NVR; HOWEVER, i am thinking you have to have gigabyte switches as some systems will keep the connection open all the times even though you are recording motion. For example the camera and switch will keep sending sync/ack requests back and forth to maintain open connection even though camera is not recording at that moment.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 38
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22945
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel