Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Dahua-compatible 16 Channel DVR/NVR w/ 1080p on all channels at 30fps?
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
abrown
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 5, 2015 - 11:13 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hey folks, like the topic name says - is there an NVR (or DVR) in stock that'll record 16 channels of 1080p at 30fps, compatible with Dahua dome cameras? I'm trying to work it out from the specs provided but wanted confirmation, since I'm not quite comfortable with making a purchase solely off converting the MBPS spec provided into FPS. We've got one NVR but it'll only record at 1080p for 16 channels at 7FPS right now, and we'd like to upgrade. Bonus if we can get output on more than one display native to the NVR instead of going through a web login. I'm willing to consider running two simultaneous NVR's with two sets of hard drives, if we can't get it all in one, but the end result should be 16 channels of 1080p video being recorded at 30FPS.

Guests
November 5, 2015 - 11:53 am
sp_ReportPost

NVR-ELT-4, NVR-ELT-4-POE4  are the 2 smallest units we carry that will do 1080P at 30FPS

NVR-ELE8M-4K

NVR-ELE8M-P4K

NVR-ELM-8-POE-8-DH

NVR-ELT-16

NVR-ELM-16-DH

NVR-ELE16C-4K

NVR-ELE16C-P4K

NVR-ELC-32-DH

NVR-ELE-32-DH

NVR-ELE32-4K

NVR-ELHS-64-4K-DH

NVR-ELHS-128-4K

Anything with 4K in the product number accepts 4k monitors as well. The limitation now has shifted from frame rate to bandwidth, regardless of frame rate. 

abrown
Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 5, 2015 - 1:50 pm
sp_ReportPost

Ok, that's a lot of stuff that's completely outside the specs I gave. Of all of those, the NVR-ELE16C-4K & NVR-ELE32-4K are the only ones that appear to meet our needs as standalones without going way over the number of feeds we might need, but I want to confirm. Will the NVR-ELE16C-4K or NVR-ELE16C-4K connect to and record 16 camera feeds, all of which are 1080p, all of which are running at 30 FPS, at the same time, without giving us an error saying it's exceeded its maximum bitstream limit? 

As a side note, will it output to more than one monitor? It says it has 2 HDMI output ports; could we hook up 2 monitors and have the monitoring grid show up extended over both of them, or does it mirror one display twice? 

Guests
November 5, 2015 - 2:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hi sir, 

I think dan was just listing compatible NVRs rather than specifically the 16 channels.  First to answer your question about monitors, there are some NVRs that have multiple HDMI outputs but these are to be used as spot outs.  So it has someone limited functionality as a dual display.  Meaning you could see select cameras, but as far as controlling them with a cursor across two screens it wouldn't really be functional.

If you wish to use multiple monitors it is probably best that you hook those same monitors to a computer and utilize our PSS software which will allow you to manage those same cameras over multiple screens.

As to which unit youd be best served with in order to get the 1080 at 30fps. 

NVR-ELE16C-4K

NVR-ELE16C-P4K

NVR-ELE32-4K

Would be my primary recommendations and can handle all channels at 1080 as the load is unlikely to exceed the 200mbps depending on how you set the Quality and compression.

http://www.securitycameraking......drive.html

Look under the advanced option under the above link for a rou

gh estimate on MBPS on 16 cameras at 2mp(1080)  30fps for reference.

Please give us a call and we can help you choose the correct recorder for your application. 866.573.8878 option 2 my direct ext is 123 if you choose to speak to me. Cool

Guests
November 5, 2015 - 2:40 pm
sp_ReportPost

Yes, these units the NVR-ELE16C-4K, the NVR-ELE16C-P4K, and the NVR-ELE32-4K can all run Dahua 2mp cameras at the full 30fps.  Now keep in mind the cameras can have a bit rate from 1024 - 8096, all without compromising the fps the camera is putting out.  That is what you have to be mindful of.  Now if you have 16 cameras x 8096 you will still be under the max bit rate allowed by the machine.  So the ultimate short answer is YES.

Now on the display, HDMI 1 is your main monitor display and HDMI 2 is a Matrix output that is independent of the first.

sp_AnswersTopicAnswer
Answers Post
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 27
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel