December 29, 2014
I have been coming to securitycameraking site for some time now as I like the products and support you have on your site. I am an IT technician and have been installing analog cctv systems for some time now. I really need some fast help in redesigning an existing analog system for one for my clients as he is in the United States at the moment and he will be purchasing the system from you.. The system is about 6 yrs old. It is a 16 ch dvr with 420 or 480 tvl cameras and 2 ptz. The cameras are failing, so we are left with only 5 camera and the 2 ptz plus one channel on the dvr is gone. We are looking to upgrade the system with plans of going with more than 20 cameras and there are about two other buildings that need cameras that are like 400 ft away with no cable runs in place so I am thinking of connecting them via the wireless access point/bridge. Right now I have a mix of coax cable and cat5 with baluns to the existing cameras. I was thinking going entirely with an IP based system but it will be expensive. Then I saw your site selling hybrid and tribrid systems. My longest run is about 250ft. I really like the price point and features HD-CVI brings to the table. But at the same time I want to go with IP cameras since the prices are dropping, its future proof plus I already have cat5 cables in place and it will be easlier to connector to the other buildings that are 400 ft away.
- Can HD-CVI work over cat5 cable, as I dont want to rerun coax cable.
- If I go with HD-CVI will I need to get a tribird system?
- Should I forget HD-CVI and just stick to analog and just get one of your hybrid system since I will be going IP too.
Any help will be appreciated. THANKS
If all goes well, I will be continue to purchase for you guys
First I want to welcome you to our forum where you can connect with professionals and be part of our Community.
- I strongly suggest the to use Siamese Cable with CVI Equipment as Cat5/6 cable and baluns will deteriorate the signal.
- There are options to choose from.
At this moment is you are looking for 1080P cameras and a 1080P recorder that will do 30FPS then I would go with a Tribrid recorder [TRIDVR-EL16-M] if you do not need to have 30FPS and are OK with 15fps you can go with the DVR-CVI16480ME-DH-V2.
- You can also go with an NVR and IP cameras this way you can take advantage of the Point To Point bridge that you can use with these.
Please give me a call so that I can assist you with your Design.
Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org