Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
OB-LX700IR100L2812-W
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
Forum Posts: 100
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 18, 2013 - 12:34 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I recently installed eight of these bullets in a warehouse. I am getting a reflection from the IRs on the glass cover of the camera. Looks like the camera is shining through a window. Is there a solution to this problem? Other than that, these are awesome bullets during the day and the customer loves the quality of the picture.

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
May 18, 2013 - 8:55 am
sp_ReportPost

This camera actually came with a lens that is a little wider than the 2.8-12mm lens it is advertised with. So when the lens is opened fully it is really at around 2.5 mm or so. Because it is so wide, it is able to see the inside of the lip of the housing and the IR LEDs are reflecting off this. The best solution is to zoom in slightly so that the lens cannot see the IR reflecting off this surface. We found out about this issue a short time ago. Our next shipment has this issue resolved. We also have a new part coming in around 10 days from now that we can install if you want to keep the same aperture. It changes the color of the inside of the housing to black so that the surface is not reflective. If you want to keep the same lens setting then I recommend you get an RMA so from us and we will change the outside housing for you. We would be happy to pay for the shipping both ways. 

Again, the simplest solution is to just zoom in the lens slightly. Let us know how you want to proceed. 

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
Forum Posts: 100
May 21, 2013 - 3:47 am
sp_ReportPost

Thanks Brad, I am here in Boca, but the cameras were installed at a customers location in Georgia. I have to go up there again soon and I will try to zoom them in. It looks like one or two of them aren't having this problem, so I am assuming we zoomed them in a little when we installed them. Thanks for the rapid response.

Scott

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 11
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
SENSASIBET77
TonyBex
Billyseibe
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1493

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 140
Members: 22935
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel