Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
Needt
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 11, 2014 - 11:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hello,

Recently, I purchased the above PTZ to go with my Zmodo ZMD-DD-SBN4. However, it seems that I can't get it to work properly. It will work for a few seconds using the moving controls in the DVR then it will become unresponsive, go out of focus, or move randomly. I have matched the my DVR to the specifications of the PTZ's default address, protocol and baudrate. I have also talked nice to the PTZ and well as in a harsh voice to hope it motivated it. All to no avail. I was thinking maybe it was some sort of an issue with communication from the PTZ to the DVR. Also, I have tried changing the baudrate, address, and protocol hoping the issue of unresponsiveness would improve, but no such luck. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
January 12, 2014 - 12:04 am
sp_ReportPost

There are several possibilities. It could be a defective camera, it could be a bad RS485 port on the DVR, it could be faulty wiring. Do you have another DVR to test the camera with to see if you get the same symptoms? If not, do you have a PTZ controller to connect it to? Otherwise, you might have to return the camera for us to test it. 

Needt
Members
Forum Posts: 2
January 12, 2014 - 1:15 am
sp_ReportPost

Unfortunately, I don't.

Guests
January 13, 2014 - 9:29 am
sp_ReportPost

The control wires coming from the camera did you extend those to the dvr? If you did, can you flip them?  Maybe they are backwards, or you have a loose connection possibly. If you have remote access setup we can login and take a look to make sure settings are correct. 

shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
January 13, 2014 - 11:28 pm
sp_ReportPost

I'm just a forum memeber, not official support. If you had your wires backwards on the dvr, the camera wouldn't move at all. So it's probably not that. I notice the camera doesn't come with a power supply. Are you using the proper rated one for the camera? How long is the distance from the dvr to the camera? If the run is very long you'll have voltage drop and the camera will be under powered, causing issues. Also just a bad power supply can make a ptz flake out too. You could also try rebooting the dvr. Sometimes doing that resets communication to the ptz. You could try rebooting the camera as well, but it might not help. Could be a bad camera, a poor or improper rated power supply, or the zmodo dvr isn't all that good with ptz's. Good luck. Like I said- just random thoughts from me, nothing official.

shockwave199
Members
Forum Posts: 179
January 13, 2014 - 11:45 pm
sp_ReportPost

A couple further things. Like Daniel suggested- make sure your wires are secure in the dvr. the hookups on dvrs for 485 can be finiky and cheap. Make sure you have solid connection and the wires aren't touching together at all back there. It's a good idea to not have bare wire sticking out of the 485 hookups, but not too short as to not have a good connection either. I would also make sure the wire harness on the top of the camera itself isn't damaged from installation, or just loose. Confirm it's properly 'seated' in the camera, meaning, carefully take it out and put it back in and make sure it's inserted well. I see they include a spare wire harness and if all else fails I'd try the spare and see, just in case the wires were damaged or pulled during installation.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 37
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel