Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
PTZ-EL700IR250L23X power issues
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Guests
September 17, 2013 - 11:37 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I just got of the phone with one of our customers that had some strange issues with his camera. The camera would not power on correctly and POST. The cam did not spin around or display address bawd rate and protocol on boot up. We could get video but could not move PTZ or gain control of it.   His power was just under 150 FT AC as this is a 24VAC cam.  He was using cat5 for power and video with baluns. I had the customer check  power at cam and he got 24vac. Looked good to me. Power camera up again and now power reads 14vac....   Cat 5 cable was creating a voltage drop by 10 volts. After testing with 18 gauge wire he had no problems. The Cat5 just could not carry the voltage required.

So the moral of the story is any camera will act very strange when it does not have enough power. That is why in trouble shooting it is best to connect camera directly to DVR and power supply.

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 17, 2013 - 11:47 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Completely agree. Even better, it is recommended to TEST EVERYTHING BEFORE mounting any equipment, therefore it will be less time and less aggravation when mounting the camera. Laugh 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 39
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22945
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel