Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
DVR-LT8240MHD softly beeps very few seconds
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
BobS0327
Members
Forum Posts: 29
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 5, 2017 - 9:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have a DVR-LT8240MHD device which was installed sometime in 2013.  It has been continually running since installation. Absolutely no software changes were made to the device since it was installed.  I tried restarting the device but that was unsuccessful.  That is, the camera images do not appear on the monitor.  The monitor is totally blank.

Has my DVR died?

Guests
September 6, 2017 - 2:06 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hello,

I am sorry for the issues you are having.  Have you taken the lid off of the DVR and disconnected the Hard Drive?  I would try this and see if the unit will come back alive.  If it does come back up, then you would simply need to replace the HDD with a surveillance series HDD like Western Digital Purple or Seagate Skyhawk or SV35.  If the unit still doesn't come back on, make sure your power supply is still outputting 12vdc.  If you have a spare 12vdc 5amp power supply, you could try that as well.  Let me know what the results are. 

BobS0327
Members
September 6, 2017 - 2:58 pm
sp_ReportPost

Yep, the problem is the DDD.  I disconnected the Seagate SV35 3000GB drive and the unit powered up and displayed the cameras on the monitor.

Guests
September 6, 2017 - 3:02 pm
sp_ReportPost

Well, that is a lot less expensive to replace than the entire unit.  If you need anything feel free to give us a call and we will see what we can do.  I am glad you were able to get the unit operational. 

BobS0327
Members
September 6, 2017 - 3:36 pm
sp_ReportPost

FYI.. Just ordered a replacement WD 2TB drive from Matt to resolve the problem. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 18
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel