Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Help Configuring OB-EF700IR100L2812D-W
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
kbregler
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 24, 2013 - 11:45 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hi, I just purchased a OB-EF700IR100L2812D-W to add to my system and I am having some trouble configuring the settings in order to get a good picture.  I set uit up yesterday and it looked somewhat OK.  Last night in the dark it was amazing, today I have tried to adjust it to get a better picture and I have not been able to get it to look as good as the $89 cameras I bought 2 years ago when I bought the system.  I couldn't tell you the number of times I have reset to the defaults and started over.  I just cant get the best combination of color / contrast / sharpness.  Are there any tips or suggested settings for the camera for outside use?  The camera is aimed at my driveway towards 2 silver cars and the sun is relatively bright.  I have tried the lens in manual, shutter in auto or manual, adjusted the brightness, adjusted the contrast and sharpness, changed white balance...changed NR....you name it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 26, 2013 - 7:34 pm
sp_ReportPost

It sounds like we definitely need to make some changes to the settings. You should not have to do much with the sharpness or contrast. I normally set everything to auto or on. Also make sure you have the WDR turned on during the day if you are in the sunlight. I recommend you call us and let us help you with the configuration. 

Guests
September 27, 2013 - 10:33 am
sp_ReportPost

Can you provide me a snapshot of the camera during the day? Without seeing what your seeing it is a little difficult to say what to adjust. :) Also just an FYI those cameras come with a small clear plastic cover over the lens. It is real easy to not see it and leave it on during install. That will leave a little bit of a distorted image regardless of how much you adjust the focus.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 22
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1495

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22938
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel