Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Hybrid DVR (HYBDVR-FE016480) Can't 'Get Info' from AXIS P5514-E IP Camera
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Axis User
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 2, 2018 - 2:17 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hi,

We're trying to use an Axis P5514-E IP camera with a HYBDVR-FE016480 DVR.  The DVR finds the camera as type ONVIF, but when we try to Add Device as ONVIF and 'Get Info', we get a 'Time Out!' message (when the IP and ports are correct).  The IP address and ports have been checked, and double checked, otherwise we get a 'Device not found' error.  I've tried upgrading (and downgrading) the firmware in the P5514-E; same result.  I can connect to the camera and see the live video using other ONVIF tools, but not with the hybrid DVR.

Is it possible that we need updated code for the DVR?

DVR is:

S/N:  PA4DF156W00097
     S/W:  2.616.GV00.0, build 2013-5-29

Thanks,
A

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 820
July 2, 2018 - 8:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Verify that the camera is Onvif version 2.4 or greater. In the Axis camera there is an Onvif menu that will allow you to create a user, this is the user that you will use for Elite, Sibell and Prime recorders. 

Axis FAQ:

For Products running 5.40 or older:
Enable the parameter Webservices in Advanced > Plain config > Webservices

For products running firmware version 5.40 and higher, ONVIF access is disabled as soon as the root's password is configured and to enable it an ONVIF user needs to be added under System Options > Security > ONVIF.

You also have two options with Axis Camera

ONVIF

800px-axiscamdahuanvr004.jpgImage Enlarger

AXIS

800px-axiscamdahuanvr007.jpgImage Enlarger

Please let us know your findings, we can also assist you remotely, for this you can open a chat session, we are here Mon - Frid from 9 to 8pm EST

sp_AnswersTopicAnswer
Answers Post

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Calculate your Hard Disk Drive HereCalculate your Lens Here |  Calculate your Voltage Drop Here

Video Vault (All Videos)         |  Security Camera Videos |     Smartphone Access Videos  

Check out the new Tech! HD-CVI       More.... 

Axis User
Members
Forum Posts: 2
July 2, 2018 - 7:38 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hi Jose,

The Axis P5514-E camera says the version for ONVIF is "Profile G, Profile S".  Axis F/W version I'm running is currently 6.50.2.3, but the most recent one that I've tried is 8.30.1 (6/19/2018); same results (can't 'Get Info', status always a red 'X' in 'Remote Device' list).

I have added multiple ONVIF users to the camera, at all levels (Admin, Operator, Media User), again, same result.

I have tried adding the camera as protocol (a.k.a. Manufacturer) 'AXIS' and 'Onvif'.  Same thing happens...

One difference in your second screen shot above from our system:  We don't have the 'Auto'  'TCP'  'UDP' radio buttons.

I tried a chat, but no answer.  Will try again in a few minutes.

Thanks,
A

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 820
July 3, 2018 - 9:26 am
sp_ReportPost

Please try again the chat so we may access remotely your computer and through your computer the recorder and camera and try some configurations.

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Calculate your Hard Disk Drive HereCalculate your Lens Here |  Calculate your Voltage Drop Here

Video Vault (All Videos)         |  Security Camera Videos |     Smartphone Access Videos  

Check out the new Tech! HD-CVI       More.... 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 38
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel