Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Accessing The OSD on CVI Cameras
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
Forum Posts: 100
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
June 4, 2014 - 1:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Maybe I missed this part, how do I access the osd for these cameras and all other HD-CVI cameras?

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 820
June 4, 2014 - 1:49 pm
sp_ReportPost

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Zeke Richey
Moderators
Forum Posts: 35
June 4, 2014 - 1:55 pm
sp_ReportPost

You will have to go to the PTZ set up page of the DVR (main menu>setting>pan/tilt/zoom). Then select the channel and change the control mode to HD-CVI and protocol to DH-SD1. At this point save the changes and right click  until you have backed out of the menu completely. Then you will need to select that channel (it's easier to do this when you have the camera pulled up in a single channel view).

Now you'll need to right click anywhere on the screen and click on pan/tilt/zoom in order to pull up the PTZ interface. Click on page switch until you see an enter and exit button along the top of this small window. Hitting enter will get open the OSD and those controls will let you operate it.

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
June 4, 2014 - 8:11 pm
sp_ReportPost

Thanks guys. We just installed these cameras Friday and our customer already caught some internal theft. These cameras are sweet. I'm also liking the new GUI.

Jose Malave
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 820
June 5, 2014 - 8:57 am
sp_ReportPost

My pleasure,

We are glad you like these cameras. Thanks for the feedback. 

Jose Malave - IT Director| Toll Free: 866-573-8878 | E-mail: support@securitycameraking.com

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
July 26, 2014 - 5:53 am
sp_ReportPost

we just finished installing a 16 camera hd-cvi system using a mix of 10 CVIOD-LX1MPIR100-W cameras and 6 CVIOD-LX1MPIR100L2812-W cameras. One of the CVIOD-LX1MPIR100-W cameras is not turning on its IRs at night. I went through the menu and the settings were the same as the other cameras installed onsite. the camera is in an area where there is little to no light. The other 15 cameras are really showing a magnificent picture during the day and at night. hd-cvi-at-night.PNGImage Enlarger

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
July 26, 2014 - 5:55 am
sp_ReportPost

The pic above is a shot in a pitch black warehouse at night from a CVIOD-LX1MPIR100-W.

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
July 26, 2014 - 6:19 am
sp_ReportPost

also... I am getting this scribble for the camera name on several ccamera-name.PNGImage Enlarger

ameras.

Guests
July 28, 2014 - 11:12 am
sp_ReportPost

Disconnect all cameras then connect cam you know has that issue and test all channels, see if problem follows camera. If problem follows camera go into OSD of camera and default. If it appears DVR is creating issue let us know so we can factory default DVR. We need to determine if the issue is coming from the camera or the DVR. I suspect it is the DVR but we still need to isolate the issue first. 

Guests
July 28, 2014 - 11:16 am
sp_ReportPost

The camera that does not have IR LED coming on check voltage at power supply then at camera if voltage is good at power supply. If you can do an Amp test that would be good to as we can then totally rule out power supply and identify the camera as the fault.  

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
August 3, 2014 - 11:36 am
sp_ReportPost

The camera with the IR that is not working is the one mounted farthest from the power supply, about 250-300 ft. Now the camera is not working at all. I think this could be a power problem. These cameras were installed in Tallahassee so I will find out this week when one of our techs gets up there to check it out. Thanks for the help. By the way, they are powered by the 20amp 18channel distribution box.

Techpro Security
Members
Forum Posts: 404
August 3, 2014 - 11:52 am
sp_ReportPost

Hello, 

Just as a side note, PTZ cameras should be powered with the power supply that was included if the camera comes with one. I have seen many cases that PTZs will perform as they should then they deteriorate after time if they share a power supply with other cameras. 

Thanks

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
August 3, 2014 - 12:31 pm
sp_ReportPost

Thanks Jesus, This problem was with a stationary camera. You are probably referring to the two cameras that we brought in last week?

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
October 11, 2014 - 10:32 am
sp_ReportPost

We are still getting this squiggly jive where the cam name is supposed to be. We are getting it on 6 of the 16 cameras. I checked the camera OSD and did not see a default option. Can you guide me through this? the camera system is in Tallahassee and we are here in Boca.

Gilberto
Members
Forum Posts: 150
October 11, 2014 - 10:37 am
sp_ReportPost

Good morning I see the the issue on a previous picture you posted. When in the OSD there is a reset option you can try that and rebooting the camera. Also in the HDCVI DVR check the overlay and see if you can clear the scuqalky lines

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
October 11, 2014 - 10:52 am
sp_ReportPost

Thanks Gilberto.

We went into the DVR, then camera, then encode and selected the overlay tab. Although the camera name was right in the Channel Display box, it was still showing squiggly lines. we just cleared the window and retyped the camera name, saved it, and the squiggly line is gone.

Gilberto
Members
October 11, 2014 - 10:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Great have a great weekend 

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
October 18, 2014 - 9:33 am
sp_ReportPost

It appears that the cam name goes back to the squggly lines shortly after they are changed.

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
October 18, 2014 - 9:38 am
sp_ReportPost

This problem is only on a few cameras (6) and its the same cameras all the time. If the problem was with the dvr, would it cause this on all channels?

Gilberto
Members
October 18, 2014 - 10:17 am
sp_ReportPost

Good morning have you tried Defaulting the settings and starting over with the names?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 52
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
KnightGlobal
RobertSnany
ButUricy
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22948
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel