Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
ipc-hd4300c firmware upgrade problem
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
king
Members
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 29, 2015 - 4:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

Hello, i'm having problem upgrading my IPC-HDB4300C (NTSC) camera firmware to 2.420, but the config tool is give me an error saying "error occurred when sending  the upgrade file." i have tried number of methods to upgrade this camera. i even tried upgrading through web, but the file wont go any further, it get stuck at "transmitting files." stage. Please Help.

the firmware file im trying to upgrade: General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Adreia_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0006.0.R.20150311 (1).bin.

camera version is 2.210.w100.0.R

build date: 2014- 1-15

Inline imageImage Enlarger

Thank You.

Guests
July 29, 2015 - 4:28 pm
sp_ReportPost

Good afternoon to you,

when the update fails please stop. First double and triple check that firmware is supposed to go with that camera. If you get the wrong update applied the camera will have to have OS reload onto camera. Next do not update camera over wifi that is asking for problems too. Data loss happens over wifi which again will kill camera on update. If you are updating over internet try locally. You can update over internet but again data loss can happen. Lastly that camera I believe has a hard reset button inside of it. Try that with camera powered up. Hold reset button for 20 seconds then let go.

king
Members
July 29, 2015 - 5:00 pm
sp_ReportPost

Hello Dan and thank you for your help. i was checking online for the latest firmware,but i done know how to check which firmware goes in which camera model. for ex: DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Adreia_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.420.0007.0.R.20150409. General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Adreia_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0007.0.R.20150409. how do you know which firmware is for a particular camera. the firmware i got is from the seller. currently i'm connected by WIFI, but have tried upgrading locally with the same result.  i also resetted the camera, but the problem is still there.

Thank You.

Guests
July 29, 2015 - 5:24 pm
sp_ReportPost

The way you describe it is either your person gave the wrong firmware or its corrupt. If it really is the correct firmware and it is not corrupt the camera probably needs to be re-flashed. The camera should take it even if its a previous version.

If you bought it from us directly I can do a lot more for you. I can get previous firmware, possibly reset the camera remotely. RMA if it keeps acting up. I would contact the person you go tit from to see about warranty. 

king
Members
July 29, 2015 - 5:37 pm
sp_ReportPost

i have tried my other cameras with the same problem, so it might be a corrupt firmware. do you know a place where i can get the latest firmware for this camera? this is a new camera. i was have the same problem with my old one, so the seller replaced it with the new one.

Thank You. 

Guests
July 29, 2015 - 6:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I'm sorry to write, but you have to go back to who you got the camera from originally.  I can give you tips on configuration if you like.  

king
Members
July 29, 2015 - 6:22 pm
sp_ReportPost

please do, any help would be nice.

king
Members
July 29, 2015 - 6:26 pm
sp_ReportPost

if my searching online, how do i know which firmware to use with my camera. 

Guests
July 29, 2015 - 6:46 pm
sp_ReportPost

as for the firmware I really would not go looking online for it. You don't know what you are going to get. What did you want to know about configuration?

king
Members
July 29, 2015 - 7:46 pm
sp_ReportPost

my seller told me to change my port to 3800 from 37777, but i cannot change it to 3800. config tool says "login overtime". 

how do i change to port 3800?

Guests
July 30, 2015 - 11:21 am
sp_ReportPost

you want to log into the ip camera web interface. Then go into network settings/ connection. There you will see ports to change. Depending on which version of the config tool you have is if you can actually modify ports with that. We have 2.0 and the older version =

New   https://www.securitycameraking.....#038;ind=0

OLD     https://www.securitycameraking.....#038;ind=1

See if you can log into the webservice. Use IE you may need this walk through 

https://www.securitycameraking.....xplorer-9/

If you have IE11 you will need to go into compatibility settings and add IP of camera plus the walk through. 

king
Members
July 30, 2015 - 6:21 pm
sp_ReportPost

thank you so much Dan i was able to upgrade my camera and its working fine when viewing from nvr, but the camera is very laggy when i am trying to view remotely. all other cameras are working smooth. my internet speed is 10-12mbps download and 5 mbps upload. the camera is taking around 4300kbps. do you know what is causing the laggy video?

Guests
July 30, 2015 - 7:33 pm
sp_ReportPost

What you are supposed to get or what is advertised on internet speed is generally more than what you actually get. I would recommend watching camera on lower resolution sub-stream. You can also turn down bit rate in camera in code section. Main stream set to 2000 or 2 mb, substream set to 256 and test. ATT is notorious for not hitting advertised bandwidth. Comcast is considerably closer to hitting what they advertise. Also try only accessing one camera at a time that should help. 

king
Members
July 31, 2015 - 11:21 pm
sp_ReportPost

after trying your suggestions, i'm still having the problem. the strange thing is that this is the only camera having choppy video and only when viewing from web, but it works better when viewing from smartPss. i checked the setting for this camera and it is same as other cameras. the camera was working fine before upgrading. 

Guests
August 3, 2015 - 11:42 am
sp_ReportPost

Are you on the local network or remote when this happens?

king
Members
August 3, 2015 - 4:30 pm
sp_ReportPost

it only happens when i am viewing remotely.

Guests
August 3, 2015 - 5:56 pm
sp_ReportPost

You can lower frame rate and bit rate on extra stream a little at a time till you get a more fluid viewing. 

Guests
August 7, 2015 - 10:13 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

The upstream of your internet service will be the biggest bottleneck for receiving video.  Also, if you are viewing some cameras on sub stream and some on full stream, you will notice a huge difference in performance there.  As Dan suggests, lower the frames and Bit Rate which may help.  If that does not help, then you are likely maxed out on throughput and that camera is the one being limited thus creating the lag.

How many cameras are you trying to view at one time?  What type of computer are you using and how much ram?  You could experience lag from the computer processor and memory not being able to keep up with all the video at one time, especially if you are using virtual memory.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 36
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
chrisoco
Janelaw
Jampralk
CheRam
will
Toadaly
wella
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1496

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22945
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel