Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Running PSS and viewing cameras 24/7
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
MrDeepFreeze
Members
Forum Posts: 136
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 14, 2014 - 11:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost
sp_ReportPost

I have an upcoming installation for a Sheriff's office and jail.  It involves 3 DVRs in separate locations.  My plan is to install a Windows PC running PSS to view the cameras from the 3 DVRs in dispatch.  This PC will need to run constantly, streaming the video from the 3 DVRs over their existing network.  From my tests this shouldn't be a problem but would like some feedback on any potential caveats to this plan.  I will probably block access to the Internet to keep this PC safe from infection so my only real concern is that PSS can run and constantly stream footage from the 3 separate DVRs.  Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Brad Besner
Boca Raton, Florida
Admin
Forum Posts: 203
February 14, 2014 - 11:44 pm
sp_ReportPost

We have many dealers that use PSS to build 24/7 monitoring stations. It is a very stable program and has many features that you will find useful. The only thing to consider is bandwidth. If you are inside the network you will have either 100mbps or 1000mbps available. I recommend you set up the monitoring station using the substream if possible to conserve bandwidth and PC resources. If the monitoring station will be outside the network, then you need to be very, very careful about the available bandwidth. It is unlikely that you will have enough up bandwidth from the DVR network to support opening all cameras on all three DVRs even if using the substream. 

Night Hawk
Boca Raton
Members
Forum Posts: 100
February 18, 2014 - 10:09 pm
sp_ReportPost

PSS is an awesome tool for your application.  We use it 24 hours a day and have no problems.

MrDeepFreeze
Members
Forum Posts: 136
April 18, 2014 - 9:42 am
sp_ReportPost

As a folllowup, this project has been complete for about 3 weeks.  The PSS software is working great in a 24/7 mode connected to 3 DVR's and 30 cameras. 

Guests
April 18, 2014 - 10:20 am
sp_ReportPost

MrDeepFreeze said
As a folllowup, this project has been complete for about 3 weeks.  The PSS software is working great in a 24/7 mode connected to 3 DVR's and 30 cameras. 

That's great to hear. Thanks for letting us know. Laugh

bfaridnia
Members
Forum Posts: 11
September 15, 2014 - 7:46 pm
sp_ReportPost

I'm thinking of bidding on some law enforcement projects as well. What do you do to help limit the liability on your end if something were to go wrong? (outside of your control of course, network went down, dvr shut down uniexpectedly, etc) 

What I like:

http://kxan.com/2014/08/27/man.....on-camera/

http://www.veooz.com/news/mHTEOO_.html

Not so much:

http://www.cbs46.com/story/209.....te-escaped

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
Most Users Ever Online: 727
Currently Online: tushar
Guest(s) 40
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Techpro Security: 404
shockwave199: 179
tubac: 167
Jer7of9: 155
Gilberto: 150
MrDeepFreeze: 136
Night Hawk: 100
Mark: 89
West Coast Jones: 66
ShawnInFL: 64
Newest Members:
FredMok
Shantibc97
RozCasty
MQ_FUN
pakwichek@trustech.org
sojha60
ezcosmetic@hotmail.com
quintain
RondaKaBle
Mannymar
Forum Stats:
Groups: 5
Forums: 28
Topics: 1495

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 141
Members: 22938
Moderators: 7
Admins: 5
Administrators: Damon Delcoro, Brad Besner, Jose Malave, Damon Delcoro, Tony Petruzzi
Moderators: Zeke Richey, Eric Wilson, Yarden Pinhasi, Joe Shopsin, jwilhelmi, Jorge Nava, Tyler Rittel