There are many valid reasons to consider purchasing an IP surveillance camera. IP security cameras, also called internet protocol cameras, are generally small and surprisingly affordable. They can be placed and installed to monitor all kinds of areas for both business and residential applications.
The benefits of IP security cameras over their traditional analog CCTV systems are what make the IP surveillance camera such a great choice. Rather than requiring a direct connection to output data to a video recorder, network IP camera systems have their own internet protocol number for wireless transmitting.
The reason this is such a useful advantage is primarily due to the limitations of wired analog setups. Wired analog CCTV camera systems have to be carefully installed within close distance to their recording devices. The cameras themselves don’t digitize the image either, which is why the transmitted footage often appears grainy and low-resolution.
To learn more about how to choose an IP surveillance camera suited to your security needs, continue reading the article below. Of course, if you’d like help with choosing a security camera system then you can always get in touch with our team Security Camera King helps design custom security camera systems for clients of all kinds and will be glad to assist you with achieving your surveillance needs.
Reasons to Consider IP Security Systems
As previously mentioned, IP security camera systems work through wireless technology using internet protocol numbers. The IP security devices connect through a local area network (LAN) over a Wi-Fi network. This allows the IP surveillance camera to be easily installed anywhere you might need it without the hassles of directly wiring extra cabling to the recording device.
What this means is that the user is able to view the wireless transmissions remotely from anywhere with a network -connected device. On top of that, the digital footage is stored on the network directly with additional storage options available depending on the network video recorder (NVR) being used.
Setting up an IP surveillance camera into an existing system is also pretty straightforward. Once the camera is set up, the footage can be viewed and managed remotely through an app. Another factor unique to IP security cameras is their ability to digitize the surveillance footage by themselves.
This is in contrast to older analog CCTV technologies, which required the footage to be transferred to a digital video recorder (DVR) in order for it to be digitally processed. The advantage of this is that IP security cameras are capable of producing much higher quality footage than their analog CCTV counterparts.
Users prefer newer IP surveillance technologies because they are able to view live feeds of their property from anywhere they want. Away from the house? Check up on things at home by connecting to the application the IP surveillance camera is managed on.
Have an emergency alarm notification at your business? Or maybe you want to check on operations while away from the office? All of this is easily made possible with the use of IP security systems.
Choosing the Right IP Surveillance Camera System
Due to the growing popularity of IP security devices and the advancing nature of surveillance technologies, there are many different IP security cameras for sale online and in stores. As such, finding the right IP surveillance camera can be a challenging endeavor.
Fortunately, there are some fairly simple factors that can be taken into consideration when looking at IP security cameras for sale. Below are some tips to help you choose quality IP cameras.
- Look for IP surveillance cameras with motion detection technology. This technology is fairly common and should not greatly affect the purchasing price.
- Choose IP security camera models that are capable of uploading footage to a remote device wirelessly. The reason this is important is many savvy criminals will try to damage visible security cameras and often go so far as to steal the video recorders. By wirelessly transmitting footage to a network, you’ll never have to fear losing important surveillance footage.
- Make sure you are able to enable motion detection alerts through emails or similar methods. This way you can be alerted to any suspicious activities as soon as motion is detected. Having this enabled can help you to react quickly and determine the most appropriate action to take.
- Take the field of view (FOV), lens, placement, and light conditions into consideration. Doing so will help you to reduce the IP surveillance camera models that are not capable of producing the footage you need. This is especially important if you want to retain useable footage later on in the event a situation occurs.
- Determine if you want to have audio recording capabilities in addition to video recording. You should also consider the benefits of installing security cameras with microphones. Each of these has useful applications and can be utilized to protect your property while gaining the most from your investment.
These factors are only meant to help buyers understand certain features and other factors important to purchasing the best IP surveillance camera for their security needs. There are many more details that should also be considered, such as security camera type, night vision, and price, but we believe this is a great place to start. Check out reasons to install an IP security camera for more information.
If you’d like to get help with choosing the best security camera system, contact our security sales team. Security Camera King will happily work with you and help to design a custom security solution that meets all your security and surveillance needs.