The cannabis industry has been gathering strength and developing into one of the quickest and most successful business ventures in the market for quite some time. Due to a gathering lax on marijuana laws throughout the nation, and a budding interest in the medicinal benefits of marijuana, cannabis dispensaries and grow houses are popping up more and more throughout states voting to give the natural substance a legitimate try. For many reasons marijuana has been found to be beneficial to medical patients in need of a product not damaging to their overall health, especially ones that do not contribute to the addiction crisis America has been facing now for some time. This is one of the primary arguments for the use of medical marijuana on a regulated level. Much like the end of prohibition, citizens and local governments alike saw that taking the power and the money away from those only looking to profit from its use rather than attempt to regulate it at all is the better option. And now, at last, there is research that proves these notions to be true. However, getting to this point has been its own drawn-out venture, and there are many more steps to go until it is as widely accepted as any other pharmaceutical product. This is why Florida marijuana security companies, like Security Camera King, are using the knowledge and experience obtained through assisting in the opening of grow houses and dispensaries in cannabis pioneer states like Colorado and Washington to help the growing number of ventures now looking to contribute to this revolutionary market.
New Statutes and Laws:
- Florida Medical Marijuana Legalization, Amendment 2– Passed on November 8, 2016, this amendment initiated a large change in what was a complicated medical marijuana system previously adopted in Florida. Through the previous system, only marijuana with low THC (less than 0.8%) could be distributed to patients prescribed cannabis for their ailment. This has now been altered to include marijuana of regular THC levels, also inviting a growth in the CBD Oil industry.
- Senate Bill 8A, the Medical Use of Marijuana Act– This bill extensively defined what the use of medical marijuana could be utilized as a treatment for. This includes a number of ailments such as:
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other ailments related to the previously mentioned diseases, and any terminal condition.
- Florida Statute 381.986, Section 6– Overall, the Chapter 381.986 statute deals with the original laws put in place for the compassionate use of low-THC and medical cannabis. However, more specifically, as the best in Florida marijuana security companies, Security Camera King is most familiar with the sixth section that deals with the surveillance and security of all places dispensing medical marijuana. Specifically, the reason to research and find the best in Florida marijuana security companies is that of these specific compliance codes put into place to ensure your business maintains its legality and integrity:
- (d) To ensure the safety and security of its premises and any off-site storage facilities, and to maintain adequate controls against the diversion, theft, and loss of low-THC cannabis, medical cannabis, or cannabis delivery devices, a dispensing organization shall:
- 1.a. Maintain a fully operational security alarm system that secures all entry points and perimeter windows and is equipped with motion detectors; pressure switches; and duress, panic, and hold-up alarms; or
- b. Maintain a video surveillance system that records continuously 24 hours each day and meets at least one of the following criteria:
- (I) Cameras are fixed in a place that allows for the clear identification of persons and activities in controlled areas of the premises. Controlled areas include grow rooms, processing rooms, storage rooms, disposal rooms or areas, and point-of-sale rooms;
- (II) Cameras are fixed in entrances and exits to the premises, which shall record from both indoor and outdoor, or ingress and egress, vantage points;
- (III) Recorded images must clearly and accurately display the time and date; or
- (IV) Retain video surveillance recordings for a minimum of 45 days or longer upon the request of a law enforcement agency.
All of these are integral parts of opening a marijuana dispensary in Florida and, as we understand it, are some of the most common ways to find yourself in violation of the law. Our experience at Security Camera King as promoters for starting dispensaries and grow houses in states such as Colorado, Oregon, and Washington have taught us the many nuances that law enforcement agencies attempt to find faults in to withhold the forward progress of cannabis.
Security Camera King has a warehouse located in Boca Raton, FL and a facility located in Wheat Ridge, CO. The primary reason for our movement and growth out West was specifically to become a contributing factor in assisting those interested in opening a marijuana dispensary on their own by sharing our expertise in surveillance and security methods to keep their businesses in compliance with the ever-changing statutes surrounding the cannabis industry. Our warehouses hold an extensive collection of the most up-to-date technology in the security camera and surveillance equipment industry with a full team of experienced security personnel ready to assist with any task brought to them. With our collective knowledge in marijuana security, Security Camera King can advise you the best types of security cameras, digital or network video recorders, and network systems to run your system on to obtain the most out of your surveillance system. Check out our online warehouse for a closer look at our products available as the best in Florida marijuana security companies and Contact Us with any additional inquiries you may have regarding security for your Florida marijuana business. Follow us on Facebook for more articles detailing the changes in Florida laws revolving around marijuana.