Are you looking for a high quality wireless security camera? Look no further because Security Camera King has a great selection of only the highest quality wireless cameras in the security camera industry.
You may not be familiar a high quality wireless security camera and you may be asking yourself, what exactly is this? Cameras that send their video image data via radio waves are referred to as “wireless” cameras. However, this may be a misnomer because they may not be entirely wireless.
Wireless cameras need power and that may be provided by means of a wired power supply. If that is the case then the camera isn’t totally wireless, even though the industry uses that term. A truly wireless camera will usually obtain its power from on board one-time use or rechargeable batteries.
There are several different types of wireless technologies that may be used such as the 2.4 or 5.8 GHz or the 900 MHz technologies which are basically the same technologies that are used for land-line based wireless telephones. These technologies usually present a clear transmission that is relatively strong and is definitively strong enough to support high quality wireless security cameras.
There is one “down side” to these wireless technologies. They work on the principle of Line Of Sight or LOS. LOS means that the maximum range stated by the manufacturer is valid if there are no objects between the transmitter (or camera) and the receiver. However, this doesn’t mean that the wireless feature won’t work if there is (are) an object(s) between the two. Instead, depending on the physical make-up of the object, the range is just reduced. Many things can affect the maximum range of a wireless camera such as windows, walls, buildings, trees, fences and such. So it’s a good idea to survey your camera placement before purchasing your camera(s).
There is also another type of wireless camera that doesn’t transmit its video data to a receiver which is then cable connected to a DVR. This other type is an IP (Internet Protocol) wireless camera. IP wireless cameras use WiFi to connect to a router or modem which then connects them to the Internet. Once connected to the Internet, these cameras are usually viewable from anywhere in the world there is broad band Internet availability. In addition, these cameras can also be monitored on 3G and 4G smartphones.
Besides being convenient for security camera systems, high quality wireless security cameras are also found as hidden, covert cameras. Security Camera King carries a full line of these cameras to fit just about any situation. The following is a partial list of some of the high quality wireless security cameras that we offer for purchase:
- Black and white or color button camera
- Black and white or color Phillip’s head screw camera
- Wireless dog baby monitor camera
- Black and white or color wireless motion detector
- Black and white or color wireless wall clock
- Black and White or color wireless “EXIT” sign
- Black and white or color wireless desktop speakers
- Black and white or color vanity mirror with touch activation
- Black and white or color carbon monoxide detector
- Black and white or color wind tunnel camera
- Black and white or color Alarm clock camera
- Black and white or color cordless house phone camera
- Black and white or color CD/Boom box camera
- Black and white or color wireless suspended animation clock camera
- Black and white or color utility box camera
- Black and white or color Air Wick air freshener camera
- Black and white or color tissue box camera
- Black and white or color down view smoke detector
- Black and white or color emergency camera
Most all of these hidden wireless cameras contain high quality 3.7mm wide angle lenses, a 1/4 or 1/3 inch CCD or CMOS sensor, and of course a transmitter and antenna. Most also run on battery power or they are wired into the electrical appliance that they are in.
So if you are looking for a high quality wireless security camera, talk to one of our security experts to help you find the one that is right for you. You can contact our security experts by on-line “Live Chat” or by telephone at 866-573-8878 Monday through Friday from 9AM to 6PM EST.