How to set up Security Alerts on Your Smartphone
Hey everyone, Joe here from SCK with a really quick guide and video on “How to set up Security Alerts on Your Smartphone”, also called ‘notifications’. This is one of the most requested and highly used features of our security systems that we carry today. Every DVR and NVR we sell has the ability to connect to the internet by using your on-site ISP network. There are several benefits to being able to do this. One of the first is the ability to monitor the system remotely. We call this process remote viewing. setting up remote viewing successfully will allow you to first and foremost, so you camera systems live video feed in realtime from either a Windows-based PC or from an apple or android based smartphone.
However, there are other benefits to having this setup complete beyond simply being able to see what is occurring right now. One of the benefits is notifications for alerts and system errors. For example, if you have Intelligent video Survellience (IVS) and/or motion detection (or SMD) rules set up on your cameras, these can work with your app to help you, the user, know when one of these rules has been triggered. This could be if someone walks into the field of view of a motion detection camera. It could also be when someone trips a tripwire or passes through an intrusion box in IVs rules. Whatever the case, your app when set up for remote viewing can react to these events by triggering notifications on the app. This lets you, the user know when and where to search for footage on your system
To take it further though, the app is also capable of playing back video data steaming, from the recorder’s hard disk. This means that you can get an alert for an event, then, from that same app watch the event the notification is referring to. sometimes this works directly from the notification itself, but it’s more effective to simply initiate playback yourself at the prospective time. You should also check out our guide on How to playback Security footage from your Smartphone, coming soon. However, today’s guide is designed to show you How to set up Security Alerts on Your Smartphone
- The Recorder needs to be connected to an ISP network
- You need to have the app Elite Viewer Pro installed
- Your recorder and App need to be paired for remote viewing already, that guide can be found HERE
Once everything is set and ready to go, we’ll be able to show you How to set up Security Alerts on Your Smartphone, of course using the paired Elite Viewer pro app. Watch the video below, and follow the quick guide to walk you through the steps! So get your smartphone ready, and we can begin:
How to set up Security Alerts on Your Smartphone, the Steps:
- Open up the app: “Elite Viewer Pro” from your smartphone, the icon might show as EVP.
- Once the app loads, take note of the fact that you should be able to see your camera system within the list there. if you see nothing here, you might still have to set up remote viewing as we mentioned before.
- If you can see the system, go ahead and tap the 3 dot menu icon above your camera system, then tap “Device Details”.
- On the next page, you’ll see it loads a new menu. On this menu, tap the option Notification.
- You’ll now be on a page which is a list of any camera systems (most people just have one) paired with the app. Next to each entry, you’ll see a slider Go ahead and tap the slider for your system so that it turns blue and is ‘on’.
- This will cause a list to appear of the various kinds of alerts, or notifications, you can actiate- such as Motion or IVS, in our example, we are setting up for motion- so go ahead and tap that.
- From the motion page, you’ll see options for both Smart-Motion-Detection (SMD) and regular Motion detection, you an also set for both. in our example we’re just doing regular motion, so tap that option.
- From here, a list of all available camera channels on this system will populate. You can select manually which cameras you want to recieve alerts for, or select all. .
- Once you’ve made your selection, Then Tap the back arrow in the top left, and then on the page after tap the same arrow one more time, and on the final page in the top right tap SAVE.
- congratulations, you’ve just finished setting up alerts!
Related: What’s the difference between DVR and NVR?
Related: What’s the difference between H264 and H265?
Related: IP PTZ Security Cameras – All There is to Know
Related: Resolution, and why does it matter?
Related: What are active deterrence cameras?
Find Us On: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube